Question on Multiple Email Accounts and Stock Email App

PowrDroid

Reaction score
Besides the Gmail account, I've got three other email accounts--my corporate account, an old AOL account, and a Comcast account. When I had these accounts set up on my Droid 2 Global, each one had a separate email icon, plus I could access them via the Universal InBox. Now (apparently) all three of these accounts must be accessed through one email icon. Then you must tap a small area near the top of the screen to get a menu to pop up that allows you to select which account you want to access. Then you select the account. This seems like a lot of tapping. Seems to be a clumsy Universal InBox to me.

Is it possible to set up separate email icons for each email account using the stock email app? I've been Googling and have been on the official Moto site, but didn't find anything.

If not, I suppose I'll go back to the K9 email app for my corporate account.

Side note: I'm glad to see that the stock email app syncs with my corporate account; it wouldn't do that on my D2G.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Hmm, not that I'm aware of... can't you set the stock email app to show all inboxes together though? Instead if having to click the top for each account.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I'm with you powrdroid. It is why I end up using different email apps...because I think the stock email app is cumbersome. I like the old version better.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

OP
PowrDroid

PowrDroid

Reaction score
Hmm, not that I'm aware of... can't you set the stock email app to show all inboxes together though? Instead if having to click the top for each account.

If there is a way to set it up to be able to tap on the email icon and then be presented with your choice of 3 inboxes to select from I don't know how to do it. The way it is now you tap on the email icon and it opens whatever inbox was previously accessed, then you tap on the inbox for that account (at top of screen) then you see a list of email accounts and you choose which one you want to access next.

OP
PowrDroid

PowrDroid

Reaction score
I'm with you powrdroid. It is why I end up using different email apps...because I think the stock email app is cumbersome. I like the old version better.

Secondary email apps give you more options, more flexibility. For example, I can't believe the stock app doesn't allow you to change font, font size, or use bold or italics in your email signature. I'm going back to K9 for the corporate account. Which email apps do you like?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I have use enhanced email for years. I happened to get it on Amazon's free app of the day. It's not too often that Amazon offers a $10 app for free but I jumped on it when they did. Right now I'm experimenting with aqua mail. I like its layout-ui but it has its limitations. I have used k9, mail droid, and others. I know k9 is very popular but it's never appealed to me.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

Last edited: