Question on moving apps to "sd"

pyro6128

Reaction score
So on this phone moving apps to sd simply means moving it from one internal storage partition to another. Currently I haven't moved any apps there. My question though is, since it is the internal memory still, there shouldn't in theory be any performance issues by moving apps there correct? As opposed to having them on an actual sd card.

In a related question, since the phone recognizes that internal partition as "sd", does that mean that an app has to have apps 2 sd functionality in order for it to be moved to that other partition? I assume the answer is yes

LT*

Reaction score
So on this phone moving apps to sd simply means moving it from one internal storage partition to another. Currently I haven't moved any apps there. My question though is, since it is the internal memory still, there shouldn't in theory be any performance issues by moving apps there correct? As opposed to having them on an actual sd card.

In a related question, since the phone recognizes that internal partition as "sd", does that mean that an app has to have apps 2 sd functionality in order for it to be moved to that other partition? I assume the answer is yes

I've moved all apps that would allow me to. None of these have widgets. I've had no issues running anything from that area. Plants vs Zombies was 75mb on the phone, after moving it to the "SD", there was like 232kb left of the phone. I see it as a good space saver for these larger apps. Hopefully more devs will allow their apps to be moved.

Silver Member
Reaction score
i'm not sure if any performance has changed for me. i've managed to move close to 400MB of apps to the internal storage. however, the same issues with moving storage are still prevelant. pandora's widget will not work if you move the app, etc.