question on getting new phone and transferring it to someone else

rabbitfoot

Reaction score
i'm looking to get a new android phone (still haven't decided which one) and give my fiancee my D1. it's currently running actngrezy's project elite v0.2 ROM w/ purple dark edge on it, so it looks pretty far from stock :) (great work guys!)

my question is, do i need to bring my D1 back to stock for the verizon people to switch it over to my fiancee?

thank you guys! any help is much appreciated :)

now to decide on which phone to get (dx, dinc, fascinate, d2...) :)

best,
rf

ps. since i'll be checking this later, i just wanted to leave a bookmark for myself: How to: Root Motorola DROID Running Android 2.2 FRG22D - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you're on a family plan, and she has the data plan ($30/mo for unlimited data on a smartphone) already on her line, she should just be able to re-activate the phone on her line. If she doesnt have the data plan, you'll need to call or go into (calling is easier) Verizon and have them add the plan.

If she's on her own line, it's the same deal.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Activating a new (or passed on) device is something that can be done from the comfort of your home - after your new phone is active just call *228 (I think) on the other device and walk through the set-up process

Hopefully someone can confirm the *228 number but it can be done

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep *228, option 1. It will ask for your 10-digit number and your account password. Profit.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks LtKen

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

OP
rabbitfoot

rabbitfoot

Reaction score
yeah, we're on a family plan w/ data for both of us.

you guys are seriously awesome. i REALLY appreciate you saving me the time especially since she already loves my current setup.

all my best,
rf

DHO

Reaction score
Very simple online. Go to verizon's new ugly homepage
About half way down find devise, hit activate line. You can swap phones easily that way.

OP
rabbitfoot

rabbitfoot

Reaction score
Very simple online. Go to verizon's new ugly homepage
About half way down find devise, hit activate line. You can swap phones easily that way.

thank you!

best,
rf