Question on file transfering without computer

krnzmaster

Reaction score
Hi, i was wondering if it was possible to transfer files onto the droid being away from the computer. For example, im in my room and i saw that a program finished downloading on the computer from my phone. I dont want to go all the way down to my computer to connect my FTP to transfer the file. Is there an app or anything that will allow me to open up the folder in my computer from my phone and transfer it on to the phone?

Thank you

mewshi

Reaction score
You could try something like good ol' FTP. I don't know if any clients exist for android, however. Also, look into a web interface for your computer; if I understand you correctly, that might be of use.

Sorry if I'm not of much use.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
K

krnzmaster

Reaction score
I have tried FTP's but you need to be on the computer to drag the file onto the phone, but I do not know a lot about web interface. If you or someone could explain it more and name an app that does that i would like to try it out and see if it works for me.

Thank you.

mewshi

Reaction score
Actually, if you run an FTP server on your computer (pretty simple to set up, ask around for help if you need) and you get an FTP client on the phone, you can just log into the computer through the FTP connection and copy files that way :)

OP
K

krnzmaster

Reaction score
really? i have set up an FTP server on my computer and i have the client on my phone, but i seems that i when i connect my phone to my computer, an empty drive opens on my computer so i need to be on the computer to add files into the phone. I do not see a way to do it only from the phone. If you do know please share.

Thank you.

mewshi

Reaction score
@mwhartman: yes, it would probably work, but setting up a proper FTP setup will enable instant access to his files.

What you do is set the FTP server to serve a certain folder, then have all your files saved to there... or something similar.