Question if this is even possible...?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Malev, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Malev

Malev New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My friend is sporting a Droid X. Very recently, his phone somehow dialed out to a random number on his massive contact list without him realizing it.

The issue here, is that he dialed to a person the he and I both have restraining orders against for repeated harassment.

While he never called the person on purpose, it gave this nutjob an opportunity to start texting hateful remarks, which now has the police confused as to who's at fault, since technically my friend broke the injunction by calling this guy.

My question is, since this guy (the nutjob) prides himself with having friends that can hack into computers / e-mails and whatnot, is it possible that you can remotely make a Droid X call another person, or make it appear so? And if so, is there a way to track such activity?

It doesn't seem very possible, considering that it's not jailbroken, but the sheer coincidence of dialing this jerk is unbelievable.

Thanks in advance.

2. X_TAC23

X_TAC23 DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3
    Accidents happen, he could have put his phone back in his pocket unlocked and that person could have gotten dialed.

Also jailbreaking is for iphones, you don't need to be rooted for your phone to make a mistake. I would just delete that number from my contact list. That way if it happens again that number will not be dialed!

Sent from my DROIDX

3. Malev

Malev New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You are correct, it's definitely possible that it was an accident on his part. Like I said, though, out of 100+ contacts, it's strange to see him get called.

The person with the restraining order sent a text responding to the "call", claiming that my friend can't complain to the police because he called first. It's a bizarre scenario, I know. But what I must emphasize here is that this guy will stop at nothing to "get even" with us; if you heard the rest of the story, you'd be as paranoid as I am.

Sorry about the jailbreak reference, I'm actually a iPhone user myself. I obviously don't understand the OS for Droids too well. :)

Search tags for this page

how to hack android phone remotely