Question for those who installed the gb leaks

plutonium0587

Reaction score
I really like GO launcher. Its worth a shot.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

typoink

Reaction score
I'm very conflicted about the stock launcher. I like the drawer, and the nice group icons and ease of switching groups. But so much of it feels halfbaked.

The profiles idea is cool, but it's such a pain to set up and maintain 21 homescreens. It'd be MUCH more useful if it let you "clone" screens between profiles or set only two or three as "profile" and the others as "default." And it'd be even more useful if it let you set timers for profile switches.

The Blur widgets are nice looking, but they feel incomplete. They don't update quick enough to be useful, and the social network and feed ones don't work at all on my D2 (prerelease issue? Or just me?). And the fact that the time/date widget ISN'T a pair of shortcuts to the clock and calendar seems nuts.

The dock bar itself is just weak. It just looks a little to OSX for my taste, and doesn't match the flat-and-sleek look they've backed into Blur everywhere else.

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Right now I'm using Spb but I was using the stock one for a while. I have a question. Has anyone else been able to run the stock launcher while another one is installed? It doesn't even give me the option to use stock when another launcher is installed. Am I missing something? Because it's kind of annoying.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
get moto home fix from market

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I ended up with Home Smack and am loving it for switching launchers. I now have stock set up, LPP set up, and SPB. I switch between them depending on the mood of the day.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea. I just downloaded it and I'm going to try it out.

Reaction score
I like launcher pro still, very quick and just feels light

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I'm waiting for the rewrite and then I might go back to it. Updates for it are few and far between but I'm sure the rewrite will be great.

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are talking about SPB then I agree.....I actually have it frozen on my phone. I unfroze just for update....launched....didn't see the changes I wanted....froze again.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
If you are talking about SPB then I agree.....I actually have it frozen on my phone. I unfroze just for update....launched....didn't see the changes I wanted....froze again.

Actually I was talking about LPP. I love it but it just got old. I'm waiting for the rewrite. Spb is working pretty good for me. There's some things about it that I hope they change. What do you want to see in the updates?

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score

Actually I was talking about LPP. I love it but it just got old. I'm waiting for the rewrite. Spb is working pretty good for me. There's some things about it that I hope they change. What do you want to see in the updates?

I do NOT want auto arrange on icons....I like placing certain widgets and stuff in certain places and that is almost never at the top.

I do want to be able to delete stock panels.

And I would like it to load faster....but that is nothing important and I am sure a faster phone would do it so let's just stick to the first 2.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I hate how it auto arranges. I'm hoping they change that. Do you not consider being able to remove the stock panels as deleting them?