1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Question for those stuck on 'M' at boot

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by mkraffert, Jun 12, 2010.

1. mkraffert

mkraffert New Member

I have a question for everyone stuck on the M at boot. I've noticed that there are a LOT of people out there getting stuck at the M on reboot after installing updates, especially to Froyo based ROMs.

I've never had that happen before to me, but it happened last night to me. Here's what I think. Clockwork ROM Manager has a new feature where you can select to NOT see the status bars while the update is being applied. I selected that option last night, and got stuck at the M. Once I finally regained the ability to boot my phone, I de-selected that option, and my phone booted correctly and installed everything I tried to install.

I went back in and re-selected the new option and started having problems getting stuck at the M again. I feel pretty confident in saying that the new option is causing the 'Stuck on M' problems, but I'd like to get more feedback from other users to see if this is a common issue in the phones that are getting stuck on the M. Please let me know.

Koush, I'm not trying to make waves or infer there's a problem with ROM Manager, I just noticed a trend on my phone and wanted to track it down. I could just be all wrong, but I don't know yet.
  2. baspo

baspo New Member

I can boot to my current build, but I can't get to recovery either through Rom Manager or through power + x. When I try to get to recovery with power + x, it hangs at "M". Sort of frustrating as I've never had trouble getting into recovery and I'm sort of addicted to flashing new roms/themes. >.>
  3. JonDenver'sCopilot

JonDenver'sCopilot New Member

Try to use ROM Manager to flash recovery again, I've noticed that when flashing froyo from ROM manager you have to go back to ROM manager and re-flash the custom recovery.
  4. JonDenver'sCopilot

JonDenver'sCopilot New Member

I haven't ever had an issue with the "M" loops unless I don't wipe data. I'm pretty sure thats not your issue, but I haven't had issues with ROM Manager or what you have seen as of yet.
  5. baspo

baspo New Member

Fantastic, worked like a charm. Thank you sir.