Question for Bama

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, check the first column and first one of the second column. It will look like this. Make sure you have r/w selected.
aefd5343-f8f9-58e1.jpg

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
He's probably going to tell you that you need to do it so that users can use what available space there is for .apk's of their own.

Couldn't have put it any better ;)

Reaction score
No,no,no...all you have to do is grab the apk from whereever (cm rom) and copy it to the system/app file of your miui rom and boot this is elementary wattson!!!!

After you move the apk to /system/app you also need to set permissions before rebooting.

only if your adding after rom flash....if i want a specific app on my droid i put it in the rom itself before i flash......bing, bam, DONE!

ps. changed my first post to (FLASH) instead of boot, but thats what i meant. Besides he didnt feel comfortable copying an apk so, telling him bout permissions is probley making his head spin!

Last edited:

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I attached a pic:) Should make it a little easier.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Kid
do you do that with all the apks you want to run or just the ones that will be system apps?
I haven't been able to load anything since the 12/24/2010 release without hot booting
even with titanium even trying alternate busybox versions. For some reason the way I was able to even to get the version I did to work was that I flashed the superuser bin file that was missing, it was under extras for download in Rom Manager.
Thanks for any help.
danceswithbongs

No,no,no...all you have to do is grab the apk from whereever (cm rom) and copy it to the system/app file of your miui rom and boot this is elementary wattson!!!!

After you move the apk to /system/app you also need to set permissions before rebooting.

only if your adding after rom flash....if i want a specific app on my droid i put it in the rom itself before i flash......bing, bam, DONE!

ps. changed my first post to (FLASH) instead of boot, but thats what i meant. Besides he didnt feel comfortable copying an apk so, telling him bout permissions is probley making his head spin!

Reaction score
Kid
do you do that with all the apks you want to run or just the ones that will be system apps?
I haven't been able to load anything since the 12/24/2010 release without hot booting
even with titanium even trying alternate busybox versions. For some reason the way I was able to even to get the version I did to work was that I flashed the superuser bin file that was missing, it was under extras for download in Rom Manager.
Thanks for any help.
danceswithbongs

just ones i want in system /app......usually but i hate when i flash a new rom and gotta keep going to a file manager and installing multiple apps so i just do it that way cause there is alot of stuff i delete out of system/app anyway (miui backup, theme downloader, old camera, old gallery,etc)

Last edited:

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
thanks KC without the sunshine band. when you recompile the zip, do you also re sign it or anything?
I am going to use 7 zip on the sucka when I get the hell out of this office...aaahhhhh