Question: Droid X2

cece5702

Reaction score
Is it really worth the money to get a Droid X2 if you already have the X? Whats the difference between the two?

kennydied23

Reaction score
The X2 is believed to have a dual core tegra 2 processor, a qHD display and have 786 Mb of ram. It'll have the same sleek look of the Droid X, but it won't have a hardware camera button. It's really up to you if you want this, but I'd go with the Droid Bionic because it will have 4g LTE with all of the above.

Reaction score
My contract isn't up until may 2012, and not to mention I want to see a massive performance improvement when I get my next phone. The droid x2 or droid 3 will probably boast around double the power than my d2. In 2012 there is supposed to be quad core phones coming out, and that will be a truly massive performance increase compared to my d2.

I don't think the current dual core phones are worth it to upgrade in my opinion. Wait for the quad core

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

kennydied23

Reaction score
2012? By then we'll be talking about the next huge thing after quad cores...although they might not want to increase the cores anymore after 4. But yeah, it would be best to wait to see what they'll come out with by then.

mettech

Reaction score
The performance of the x2 vs X will be noticeable due to more memory and faster processor. Battery life might be improved too.

But the biggest improvement that I'm looking for is the display resolution. That alone could be the trigger for me when the X2 arrives.

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
I am getting the Droid X2 as an upgrade to my Droid X. The fact is 4g is a myth for my area for at least 12 months if not 24 months away makes getting any 4g phone a waste of my money. Getting a 3G phone with the increased dual CPU, more RAM and a better screen makes all the difference for me. When there is 4g in my area then I will consider a 4g phone but not until that happens. It's onto the Droid X2 for me.

zero7404

Reaction score
4g is not available yet in most areas, it is still being built up. so if u dont live in an area that has 4g, consider that wen u get a new fone ...

this dual-core invasion is more hype than anything else, what else would you have a smartphone do that you need a dual-core processor for ?

sent via android

Zetsumei

Reaction score
The X2 is believed to have a dual core tegra 2 processor, a qHD display and have 786 Mb of ram. It'll have the same sleek look of the Droid X, but it won't have a hardware camera button. It's really up to you if you want this, but I'd go with the Droid Bionic because it will have 4g LTE with all of the above.

Lol the Bionic. Most people have given up on that phone even coming out.

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
I have a viewsonic gtab with the 1.0GHZ dual core,and 512RAM. It flat out runs circles around my DX,response is instantaneous.....anyone who hasnt used the dual core,will be amazed at the difference....even with the hottest roms,and OC on my DX,its a turd by comparison....If motoblur hasnt intruded too much boat slowing the speed,you will be amazed with DX2....I am thinking about buying one off contract for 450.and selling my dx,while its still worth 250......

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
X2 is benchmarking *almost* double the og X.

I already ordered one.

Sent from my Droid (for now)

BodyBagz

Reaction score
X2 is benchmarking *almost* double the og X.

I already ordered one.

Sent from my Droid (for now)
So, out of the box, you`re saying a DX2 is benching almost 3000....cause my OG DX easily hits mid 14-1500 on Quadrant...and I dont have it overclocked at all...nor is it de-bloated...just running GB...:)

Benchmarks are about as useful on a cell phone as snow shoes are on a fish... Benchmarks can be manipulated far too easily for them to actually mean anything worthwhile and definitely should not be a basis for purchasing a $500 device IMO....

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've seen it being reported as 2400-2900.

Only paid 200 for mine

Sent from my Droid

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I've seen it being reported as 2400-2900.

Only paid 200 for mine

Sent from my Droid
Yep...and being reported is great...but that still doesnt make it fool-proof. Again, benchmarks can be easily manipulated to show almost any score...its just a number really. Cool that it does bench in that neighborhood, but not why I would purchase a device...

You paid $200 because of concessions Verizon gave you...had you bought it outright, off contract, it would be $449.00, or almost $500...

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok, well.... Don't buy one?

Sent from my Droid

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sorry for double post.

Why did I buy this phone? I'll tell you why.

Dual core
qHD screen and huge display
Excellent reception
Excellent call quality
Decent camera

I had an upgrade and nothing else peaked my interest till this baby dropped outta no where, I didn't even know about it till a few days ago. Personally only the Bionic was something I was considering but that thing is like a unicorn now.

Of course this is all academic as I don't have the darn thing yet. But those where my reasons.

Sent from my Droid