Question Droid X users!

jadelantern

Reaction score
Hi guys... new to the forums and this is my "1st" post :icon_ banana:

Ok I had wanted a Droid X for a while now, ever since ive seen the commercials and reading the phone reviews online. It was time for me to order a new phone and I kept going to the Verizon stores in my area after its release so I could see it and decided what I was going to do and so I could see it. No on EVER had a working model of the phone in and only ever had the non working display model.

I don’t feel its too big for me or anything like that, lucky for me I have big hands so that’s no big deal for me. What has me worried is I was reading the users reviews on the Verizon site and i'm started to worry a little. Ive read dozens of reviews online (engaget for example) and they all give it pretty good to decent reviews but what is said about the battery is ALWAYS mixed.

Now people are saying the battery lasts for litarly 2 hours, and not much past that, people are complaining about the screen, and saying its hard to use, that the software sucks and the facebook and twitter apps are substandard etc.

I'm going from a Blackberry Storm (1) to the Droid X and i'm hoping to hear from other Droid X users who “Have” the phone and can give me their opinion on the phone over all and whey they think. My Blackberry is ok but lets be honest, apps SUCK on a BB, and the keyboard is Bawls to type on, ive used it for 2 years, I honestly send/receive 1500 texts a month consistaly and I STILL have a fair bit of typo’s typing on this thing.

I was hoping the Droid would be fun, have lots of cool apps and would be a nice powerful phone and I looked forward to taking FULL advantage of the app’s, the 8mp camera, and plan on getting as much use out of this baby as possible.

I'm getting kind of worried now as I went ahead and ordered the phone about a week ago and it should be here next week…

thanks guys

JL

fredthemedic

Reaction score
I also went from a BB to the new Droid X. I was nervous about the touchscreen interface versus the keyboard on my old Crapberry. At first it sucked trying to send messages until I started to use the "Swype" program. I can say now that I am loving it. This phone has so much more to offer. Every day I discover something new and other than a few small issues I have no complaints.
Although I personally have a thread waiting to be answered on how to permanently delete text messages from the phones internal memory.......
I charge my Droid every night night and have yet to run the battery out during the day. Soon the extended batteries will be out also, so no worries there. You will love this new phone and all the apps the BB didnt have...

Sascol

Reaction score
Love the Driod - as the previous poster said I learn a new trick every day. It's fun to explore. I only have two relatively minor complaints:

- I use it a lot - but not what I would call excessivly and I do find that the battery burns out pretty quickly. I have all of the stuff that would drain the battery off and I do still find myself having to charge it at least once a day, even if I use it minimally. If I were to watch a movie or something (yet to do this) I think it would drain quite quickly.

- The vibrate signal is very soft. Unless it's dead silent in the room I do not hear it. If I have the phone in its case and attached to my belt, forget feeling it.

Outside of that no issues at all. I too came from a BB.