Question Back to Stock Rom??

vince10

Reaction score
Hello guys i have my x but i have to go to verizon because its acting up and I would like to know if theres an easier way for back to stock other than going for the SBF. Thanks before hand, Im running Rubix Focused 1.0

PACanesFan

Reaction score
Good question. I would like to know the answer to this too.

I've never SBF'ed, but I do have the tools to do it if need be. I do have a nandroid backup of right after I rooted. If you have a backup, you could restore that and then unroot (of which I am not sure how to do). There are numerous threads out there about unrooting, but none of them are very concise.

After reading some of the threads about the new 2.2.1 coming out, and how Motorola is really making it hard for the Dev's to do anything with them makes me worry about the future of modding the X (reference one of the TBH 2.2.1 threads to see how Motorola is really making things hard.) I am really considering going back to stock and dealing with Blur. I use a launcher on top anyway, and some of the Blur apps are actually very good.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yes if u made a backup before installing the rom (like right after u rooted) u could wipe data and cache in recovery then restore the backup

id still say ur best bet is flashing the SBF. if u have to take it to vzw and they find something that indicates root, thatll cause problems.

take the surefire way and just use RSD and flash the stock image.

OP
V

vince10

Reaction score
Agreed well for now im downloading the 2.2 sbf I only have the 2.1 oh well sbf it will be. Its nice to start off fresh IMO.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello guys i have my x but i have to go to verizon because its acting up and I would like to know if theres an easier way for back to stock other than going for the SBF. Thanks before hand, Im running Rubix Focused 1.0

You're in luck. There is a new app in the Market called z4Root that you can download and go back to stock with.

But before you do that, what's wrong with your X? Acting up how? It may be something as simple as a Factory Data Reset to fix it.

PACanesFan

Reaction score
yes if u made a backup before installing the rom (like right after u rooted) u could wipe data and cache in recovery then restore the backup

If my backup was rooted, wouldn't it restore root access as well, even if I wipe data and cache?

OP
V

vince10

Reaction score

You're in luck. There is a new app in the Market called z4Root that you can download and go back to stock with.

But before you do that, what's wrong with your X? Acting up how? It may be something as simple as a Factory Data Reset to fix it.

I have that app how does that happen? All it says is root. Well I have an upgrade an im getting a new phone for another line. Also my x screen is unresponsive. It freezes crashes lags its all very frustrating at times. Thanks for the quick response