Question! Answer and recieve a "thanks!"

itwerk

Reaction score
I have seen a few places on the forums where someone says that the droid/droid x is better than other phones because it has a gpu. I'm not familiar with stuff like that so could someone enlighten me on what that is? Do all phones have it? :motdroidhoriz:

iPirate

Reaction score
So lets say you have a 1GHz processor and no GPU phone(Num1) and a 550Ghz processor and a GPU(Num2)

Then you ran some graphic intense app on both. Num1 would use part of it's processor cycles to do the graphics, this would reduce the number of cycles that could be used for processing non graphics related code.

Num2 has two things working together and the processor takes care of processing while the GPU takes care of the graphics.

Num1 and Num2 can be equal if the graphics are not too difficult to render(2d stuff) or if the processor in Num1 is significantly more powerful than Num2's setup.

If you look at high end computers being released today, any computer that can play games worth a damn will have a graphics card(GPU) and those that dont (netbooks?) can just barely play flash videos without lagging.

OP
itwerk

itwerk

Reaction score
So lets say you have a 1GHz processor and no GPU phone(Num1) and a 550Ghz processor and a GPU(Num2)

Then you ran some graphic intense app on both. Num1 would use part of it's processor cycles to do the graphics, this would reduce the number of cycles that could be used for processing non graphics related code.

Num2 has two things working together and the processor takes care of processing while the GPU takes care of the graphics.

Num1 and Num2 can be equal if the graphics are not too difficult to render(2d stuff) or if the processor in Num1 is significantly more powerful than Num2's setup.

If you look at high end computers being released today, any computer that can play games worth a damn will have a graphics card(GPU) and those that dont (netbooks?) can just barely play flash videos without lagging.

Thanks! lol, perfect answer. The incredible doesn't have a gpu correct?