Question and/or complaint about apps

ldimick

Reaction score
I have noticed that the apps are removced form the Droid very quickly. Which I like. What I am finding though is that a lot of their data is left over on the SDCARD. Is there something that I am missing when using the market uninstall?

Is there an app that is intelligent enough to remove data that is from an app that is no longer installed?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's not removed on purpose and you will have to manually remove it. i've temporarily removed apps (i.e. do a wipe for rom purposes) and am very happy all of my data was still stored on my SD card. it does drive me whack that i didn't make a complete copy of the stock card when i first got it so i knew exactly what is safe to delete. there's so many folders that i have no idea what they are and if they're related to some app i dl'd then hated and uninstalled. i should probably hop on a noob and ask for a screen shot of their complete stock folder list lol

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
T
Is there something that I am missing when using the market uninstall?

Is there an app that is intelligent enough to remove data that is from an app that is no longer installed?

No, there is no market setting to make the app clean up the sdcard on uninstall though that'd be a cool feature.

I doubt we'll see an app do this. It'd have to keep track of every app in the market and new apps arrive every day. Quite a task!

Apps usually name their sdcard data w/ something descriptive. Use a file manager like astro to delete it. Looking at my sdcard, I would delete just about everything w/o thinking twice. The one exception would be the DCIM folder which contains pictures. Pretty much everything else is cached data and settings.