Question about YouTube

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
What are those topic tags on the top of the YouTube feed called? I'd like to find a way to clear some or turn them off altogether but I can't search for the info because I'm not even sure what they are called. I know I saw it once in an article from AA or Drippler but I can't find it now. Hopefully I can clear then without deleting my YouTube history.

Thanks

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
What are those topic tags on the top of the YouTube feed called? I'd like to find a way to clear some or turn them off altogether but I can't search for the info because I'm not even sure what they are called. I know I saw it once in an article from AA or Drippler but I can't find it now. Hopefully I can clear then without deleting my YouTube history.

Thanks

Tap your icon user upper right .. go to settings then notifications.. you can turn off recommended.. also check channel settings

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Tap your icon user upper right .. go to settings then notifications.. you can turn off recommended.. also check channel settings

Thanks for the quick reply but they are already off. I've been through all the settings. The only thing I haven't done is delete my history. I'm hoping to avoid that.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Aren't those your Subscriptions and can be turned on and off under Subscriptions > All > Manage ? Or maybe I'm thinking of something completely different than what you are asking?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
They're not my subscriptions either. For example I'll watch a video about Ford vs Ram and then I'll have a Ford tag up top. I want to delete that Ford tag. Nothing happens if I long press it and if I tap it, all Ford videos come up.

I only see them when I used the app. When I use my browser in desktop mode I don't see them.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Hmmmmm, I'm not sure. The only little bubble looking icons at the top of my YouTube app are my current subscriptions.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
They're not my subscriptions either. For example I'll watch a video about Ford vs Ram and then I'll have a Ford tag up top. I want to delete that Ford tag. Nothing happens if I long press it and if I tap it, all Ford videos come up.

I only see them when I used the app. When I use my browser in desktop mode I don't see them.
If you got the three dots to lower of video that came up you can do not interested or don't recommend

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
The bubbles on the top are what I'm talking about. Where it says "tools" "pickup trucks". Those tags.
844eb5fb74917bafeff897b8411e4ea2.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Edit: I stand corrected, on my YouTube app screen those bubbles at the top seem to be things I have searched for recently

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I stand corrected again. Looking at my YouTube app, the bubbles at the top of the screen are not things I have searched for. I definitely have not searched for Madden NFL or Pop Music ever. I have no idea where they come from (Google Assistant suggestions maybe?) or how to clear them.
5d7b42df53b90cdae78974e57806999a.jpg

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It could be. When I click the Premium button in the top left corner they go away.

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
For me they only appear after I viewed a video with some of that content. Maybe it is some sort of ad. That's why I can't erase it. If it was a feature, premium would have it. Unless it's off by default with premium and you can turn it on. Either way it looks like I'm stuck with it. Thanks for your help guys.