question about warranty...

CorkYRogers

Reaction score
So after going to 3 different verizons and gettinh no help what so ever about my recessed lock/power button I called verizon customer service who then referred me to tech support. From what started as a simple broken button ending up turning into my droid shutting down randomly and overheating and draining my battery really fast. The tech said its possible it could all be related by the button but anywho I digress...he referred me to another verizon store...went there and they agreed to send me the new phone. Got it, all is well, now I have to send the old one back. Problem is I rooted back in the day before 2.1 came out...is there anything I need to do to the phone before I send it back? I went thru settings and set back to stock from there but just wanted to cover my bases.

Thanks in advance

OP
C

CorkYRogers

Reaction score
That's the thing. I want to say I did that but the night I got the ota update for 2.1 I was hammered @ a wedding. If it helps, I've been running stock 2.1 only since the update.

jatx2wne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
In order to unroot your phone you will have to flash the phone using rsdlite. Doing the factory reset thru settings does not unroot your phone.

OP
C

CorkYRogers

Reaction score
In order to unroot your phone you will have to flash the phone using rsdlite. Doing the factory reset thru settings does not unroot your phone.

How do I do that? Or is there a link? I did a search and just keep finding out to root, not unroot.

toddj

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html

Follow this guide. I was in the exact same situation as you, followed this guide, sent my phone back about 2 weeks ago after receiving a refurb.

I flashed back to stock 2.0.1, booted it up again, went through activation, then let it update to 2.1 update-1. Rebooted into recovery to ensure that there was no alternative recovery still installed. SP Recovery was gone, and I did a factory restore for good measure before sending it back.

Good luck :)