Question about Verizon Warranty

pyro6128

Reaction score
My d1 is a little over a year old (i think a year and a week) and the camera refuses to focus. At this point I'm sure its a hardware program because I have flashed the sbf and I still get issues. I'm out of warrant now (got the phone last dec 12). I have insurance, but I don't want to pay 90 since I've already paid 90 once to have the phone replaced. Is there any way I can get verizon to give me a new phone or something? I don't need a droid 2, although it would be nice. I would be perfectly happy with another d1. Anyone have any experience trying to get verizon to help you out if you're out of warranty?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My d1 is a little over a year old (i think a year and a week) and the camera refuses to focus. At this point I'm sure its a hardware program because I have flashed the sbf and I still get issues. I'm out of warrant now (got the phone last dec 12). I have insurance, but I don't want to pay 90 since I've already paid 90 once to have the phone replaced. Is there any way I can get verizon to give me a new phone or something? I don't need a droid 2, although it would be nice. I would be perfectly happy with another d1. Anyone have any experience trying to get verizon to help you out if you're out of warranty?

Your best bet at this point is to try and get an early upgrade. Verizon isn't going to replace a phone that is out of warranty but if you call customer service and explain the situation to them, make it clear that you'd like to see what can be done about an early upgrade I think they may be willing to work with you.

I answered almost an identical thread on this earlier. If the first person doesn't want to cooperate, try again. By the third call tell the rep "this is my third call…".

You may get it right away, I'm just describing how I worked it out one time.

onsht1kll

Reaction score

U said u already paid 90 once? Did u already make an insurance claim? If u did the insurance replacements from asurion have a 1year warranty .. just call asurion and tell them u need it replaced under warranty. . They'll do it for free

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
Really? And I won't have to pay a deductible again? I paid 90 once because I had the phone on my lap in the car, then got out, and the phone fell to the ground, which shorted out the screen. I paid 90 and got a replacement. If they have a 1 year warranty on it then that might be the way to go!

And I want to avoid the early upgrade since I'm waiting for the dual core beasts that will be coming out soon.

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
I talked to asurion and they said because there is a scratch on the bezel, my warranty with them is voided. Then I asked how a scratch on the front part of my phone effected the camera in the back, and they hung up on me. The camera wasnt working before i got the scratch.

onsht1kll

Reaction score
I talked to asurion and they said because there is a scratch on the bezel, my warranty with them is voided. Then I asked how a scratch on the front part of my phone effected the camera in the back, and they hung up on me. The camera wasnt working before i got the scratch.

Just call back and talk to someone else .. just play dumb and say the scratch was on your case and u didn't realize u had it on cuz its clear ..they will warranty it

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

That's very unprofessional of them to hang up...you can tell they don't care about there customers...anyways I've always had problems with asurion...they try to rip you off...give it another try and hopefully you will speak with someone nice :)

Sent from my DROID2

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Scratches don't necessarily void the warranty with manufacturers. Why would they with Asurion? They're just being cheap.

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
Yea I'm going to try again tomorrow. Maybe if I tell them how the other representative hung up on me they'll be more willing to play ball. I wonder if I could convince them to give me a droid 2 for a 90 deductible. I think im just being greedy though haha

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
If you paid for the phone with a credit card most double the warranty, you may want to check.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wonder if I could convince them to give me a droid 2 for a 90 deductible. I think im just being greedy though haha
Not likely. Do you really think you're the first to attempt to upgrade via warranty/insurance? Abuse is precisely why they're so reluctant.

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
I wonder if I could convince them to give me a droid 2 for a 90 deductible. I think im just being greedy though haha
Not likely. Do you really think you're the first to attempt to upgrade via warranty/insurance? Abuse is precisely why they're so reluctant.

well no, but considering that not only did they hang up on me, but theyre trying to get out of their warranty agreement that they have with me, and the fact that I paid $90 for a refurb that had a camera go out on me, I feel like im entitled to at least a replacement droid. If they're going to make me pay an additional $90, which means I had to ultimately pay $180 for a phone that works as intended, then I would rather get a droid 2, as opposed to spending 180 to get a replacement of my phone, which is why I have insurance to begin with.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You're entitled to a phone that works. People get hung up on all the time, but that doesn't entitle you to anything more.

I completely understand your frustration, but it doesn't entitle you to anything more.

At this point, I would ask for a manager and kindly explain the situation. Don't demand anything more because you may lose some credibility.