Question about using nandroid

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ohioDroid, Jun 5, 2010.

1. ohioDroid

ohioDroid New Member

This may belong in the ROMs thread, I'm not sure. I think it applies more here.

I have Clockworkmod installed and have made and used full nandroid backups. Works great.

I want to install a new ROM, particularly, this one:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/49238-froyo-release-thread.html

Is it possible (and I think it is, so how does one) to use an existing nandroid backup on a newly installed ROM to reinstall all of my apps and their settings? I don't want to have to reconfigure k9mail, or lose my high scores in Abduction ;).

I assume I should be able to use ROM Manager to install a ROM (which is technically restoring to the nandroid backup, is it not?), and then Recover certain parts of my old ROM to get back my apps and settings.
  2. gavron

gavron New Member

No.

You might want to use Titanium Backup to backup individual apps and settings.

E
  3. ohioDroid

ohioDroid New Member

All right, I'll check it out.

EDIT: I also just read on a Google search that restoring the /data partition from a nandroid backup can have a similar effect, so I may try that too.

EDIT2: I used Titanium Backup and kept getting 'There was a problem parsing the package.' Then if I tried to install an app from the market and use TIBackup to restore the data, the app would crash whenever I started it up.

I just restored the /data partition and will see if that gets better results, otherwise I'll restore to my previous nandroid backup and try and figure out what to do next.

EDIT3: And that just got my in an infinite loop at boot. Meh.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2010