Question about using Google Voice for visual voicemail

bamorris2

Reaction score
I've got it downloaded and the vmail works good. But I have 2 questions.

1. Is there anyway to disable the GV notification of missed calls? The phone has it's own notification in the notification bar, and I don't need a 2nd one just for missed calls.

2. When listening to visual voicemails, and NOT using the speakerphone (in other words, when I'm holding the phone up to my ear), the screen doesn't turn off like it does when I'm on a call. As a result, my face presses buttons on the phone. Is there a fix for this?

Se7enLC

Reaction score
I've got it downloaded and the vmail works good. But I have 2 questions.

2. When listening to visual voicemails, and NOT using the speakerphone (in other words, when I'm holding the phone up to my ear), the screen doesn't turn off like it does when I'm on a call. As a result, my face presses buttons on the phone. Is there a fix for this?

Not sure about #1, but #2 is a big improvement. Early versions DID turn the screen off automatically. And when the screen turned off, playback stopped. So the only way to listen to a voicemail longer than 30s was to keep tapping the screen while listening. Since there is NO "report a bug to google" option anywhere on the web, dozens and dozens of forums had topics on this issue to no avail. Finally they supplied that fix - keep the screen on. Not ideal at all, but at least you can listen to the entire message now.

So yeah, good luck getting Google to fix ANYTHING. Or even respond to a bug report of any kind. They make great stuff, but their customer support (lack thereof) is the worst of any company. Even comcast there's a number I can call to get support. Google doesn't even have an email address for support!