1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Question about upgrading my phone?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Csst, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Csst

Csst New Member

Now question s i have is i have a shared plan with 1400 mins. and my phone is the only line with a data package my other 2 lines are my wife and my mother both don't use data just basic phone really. there both due for upgrade on both line and is there a way to buy a phone for these 2 lines (and i do know i will have to lock into a 2 year agreement) but not activate them just have them i just want the 2 phones clean not activated do you know if this is possible to do?

Thanks
    Csst
  2. johnnycool001

johnnycool001 New Member

If you are wanting two smartphones, the short awnser is no, because of the data plans. You could give one of the upgrades to your line, but you will have to activate it. after that you can switch back to the phone you are using.
  3. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

in order to use their upgrades they have to be activated that day.
  4. naknak95

naknak95 New Member

You could always buy the phone, but they have to be activated when you get them. Here's the trick... you can most likely reactivate the other 2 phones after you buy the phones with a contract, and it will renew the contract. I did this with the Droid X when I had the Motorola Droid 1.
  5. Csst

Csst New Member

ok thanks for the reply