Question about updating

joezek

Reaction score
Months ago I installed Darkslide V4.0. I just realized today that there's been an update available from Verizon- the 4.5.96 update. I've been completely out of the loop, and don't know what happens if I install it. I'm kind of surprised that the phone is even trying to update. Will it brick the phone, or just completely remove my Darkslide mod?

Are there any benefits to the new update 4.5.96? I need a better antenna signal since I live in a weak service area, any updates that would help that?

sacnvz

Reaction score
If you have Clockwork Mod on your phone the OTA update won't install. If you click yes to download it, it will do so but your phone will fail when it tries to install it. You won't brick your phone by doing this.

If you want to get the OTA update to 4.5.596 you'll have to SBF back to Froyo then manually pull the update through settings > about phone > system update. However you won't be able to have root access.

My suggestion is that you SBF to Froyo then install the 2 part TBH GB update that is prerooted. Then install Darkslide X. I've been on it for over a month now and haven't had one issue.

Good luck!

FernBch

Reaction score
I agree. I have also been running DSX for about a month now and I love it. Go over to MDW and you'll find all the info for DarkSlideX. The post has all the instructions to install it plus the links for the pre-rooted 2-part 596 GB install. Read the thread, there's lots of info in it. It's about 120 pages long, but good info in it. I have a post somewhere around page 96 detailing exactly how I installed DSX. The 2-part GB will also bring you up to the 12p radio.

My DroidX Thrives on the DarkSlide!!