Question about updating baseband

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Dan at Marquette, Apr 30, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. Dan at Marquette

Dan at Marquette Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all, I am running DroidMod 1.0, and on their forum people reported having nice results with call quality, battery life, etc. by updating to Gearhead's Baseband.

The instructions over there say this.

Now, I did all of those things. When I download the file, it appears on my Mac as a folder. I renamed that folder "update.zip" and dropped it onto my SD card via USB. When I followed through with the rest of the steps, and get to step 6, it says "installation aborted" or something of that sort. My guess is that I'm either renaming the folder wrong (as in, I'm supposed to take a specific file out) or I'm dropping the folder into the wrong area of the SD card.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
  2. killabyte

killabyte New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You using safari? I was trying to download some Droid related stuff on my hacbook the other night and safari would automatically unzip or decompress the files. In other words its opening your update.zip and putting the contents into a folder for you which you dont want. It needs to remain as a zip file.

Probably an option in safari to disable it. Wish I could help you further but I hate Mac osx and haven't used it enough to be of more help.
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  3. turkeybird

turkeybird New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If it is leaving the update.zip alone and you are still having issues, go into astro or whichever file manager you have and look at the update.zip I know that when I downloaded it and threw it to my sd card it renamed it to update.zip.zip so make sure you dont have two .zips.
  4. Dan at Marquette

Dan at Marquette Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think that's my problem. I'll try Firefox.