Question about Two Phone that can make a difference

matovello

Reaction score
Hello all;
this is my first post and hopefully won't be my last. I am coming off a couple of years affair with a great phone samsung Omnia. This phone works flawlessly. I get 2-3 days on the battery, but as we all know it is an old phone and I need to move on. My questions is as follows. After doing some homework, I came to realize the two phones in the market that are great in verizon are the Razr(and MAXX) and the Rezound. My questions is on a comparison on both. If both these phone are rooted and the rezound with the extended battery, which one of them will provide more streaming time and approx. how much time will it be. I know it might be a tough question, but i think me and others will really benefit from this answer.
thank you to all and help me decide on a phone, I'm currently testing the razr and i love the large display, but i dont like the battery life. I wonder if i would be happier with the rezound although the screen is smaller.

cae312006

Reaction score
First off welcome to the forums

Are you testing the MAXX or the original RAZR? The MAXX has better battery performance compared to the original RAZR. With the MAXX I roughly get about 16-18 hours with moderate to heavy usage throughout the day. Also with some of the rooting options out there some peaple have said they have gotten more. The big question would be do you want the larger screen or not. For me personally I will probably keep my MAXX as long as I kept my OG Droid almot 2 years

OP
M

matovello

Reaction score
hello cae;
I'm testing the original razr, When i went to my buddys store he told me there was a backorder for the maxx, i really want to see if i can get over 18hrs of streaming out of any device. I believe it is possible but for sure the phone has to be rooted. I used to get 26 hrs of straight streaming with my omnia, but it is slow as all hell.

cae312006

Reaction score
4G uses up alot more battery than 3G so keep that in mind. I have seen a few people post that if they dont need the 4G they turn it off to conserve battery. What I postes is on 3G with any where from 1 bar to full signal through out the day. Since VZW did the buy on get one they pretty much are on back order til end of Feb or beginning of Mar. Yes I am rooted and running the KANG Axiom ROM from Droidth3ory. it is sweet and fast plus it gives you some battery mods to do plus cpu governing as well

OP
M

matovello

Reaction score
so if i get the max and i root it and turn off the un-needed stuff i can get btween 16-18 usage. Do you know how much i can bet out off the rezound that is my question, because the rezound has better hardware and if on top of that you modify the software i wonder how they will compare and wonder which one will provide more stream time and and be faster to process information.

cae312006

Reaction score
Not sure on the rezound never played around with one. Have you checked any of the forums on here to wee what issues they are having with it. Also I dont know how much development there is on the reaound either ie (Roms Rooting Themes). I just installed the Axiom rom yesterday and havent had any issues so far pretty stable and fast. As for stream time what kind of streaming are you talking about (Netflix You Tube)?

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Hello all;
this is my first post and hopefully won't be my last. I am coming off a couple of years affair with a great phone samsung Omnia. This phone works flawlessly. I get 2-3 days on the battery, but as we all know it is an old phone and I need to move on. My questions is as follows. After doing some homework, I came to realize the two phones in the market that are great in verizon are the Razr(and MAXX) and the Rezound. My questions is on a comparison on both. If both these phone are rooted and the rezound with the extended battery, which one of them will provide more streaming time and approx. how much time will it be. I know it might be a tough question, but i think me and others will really benefit from this answer.
thank you to all and help me decide on a phone, I'm currently testing the razr and i love the large display, but i dont like the battery life. I wonder if i would be happier with the rezound although the screen is smaller.
First off, make sure you understand that you are not going to get 2 or 3 days of battery life with any Smartphone. Things have changed since the Omnia. Battery life is a sacrifice you have to make to own a smartphone.

Second, I have a Rezound with Extended battery. Yes, it is awesome. I can go a full day without charging. But The Razr Maxx will probably last even longer. If battery life is really your main concern, then the Maxx is probably the better phone for you.

(Of course it's battery is non-removable...on the Rezound you can carry a spare battery for long trips or whatever...you will not be doing that with the Razr or Razr Maxx)

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Just to clarify on Battery life:

Razr Maxx > Rezound w/ext Battery > Razr > Rezound

With the Extended battery, the Rezound destroys the Razr in battery life. By a wide margin. But it also turns the phone into a brick (it is heavy and bulky) and the Maxx version of the razr still beats it.

OP
M

matovello

Reaction score
jeff than you for your clarification. so the razr max will beat the rezound with the extended battery. if you don't mind me asking why did you pick the rezound over the razr maxx.

kparks

Reaction score
jeff than you for your clarification. so the razr max will beat the rezound with the extended battery. if you don't mind me asking why did you pick the rezound over the razr maxx.

The rezound has the better screen than the razr.. in my opinion. And comes with a decent pair of free headphones that if u don't want can easly be sold for 70$. Sense is better than moto blur.. other than that there is not much difference. I did find the rezound more comfortable to hold. With the razr ur not holding the phone but the sides of it and feels very akward and wide and I have pretty big hands. If I were u I would go to the store and play with both and get what one u personally like better cuz the difference between the 2 are very little. I would not pay good money to get the maxx its a waste in my book.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
M

matovello

Reaction score
i am testing the razr and its nice and the screen is great but the battery life is horrible. If i root this phone or the maxx versus the rezound which one will everyone recommend. I did hear the rezound has the best hardware our of the two, but as mentioned above the maxx rooted willl outperform the rezound in battery life, i wonder if it will also beat it in speed for streaming and in call quality

OP
M

matovello

Reaction score
by the way i'm not buying a phone to get the headphones,i already have great headphones.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome!

The Maxx is a good phone, great battery life...I have only briefly messed with a Rezound but it just didn't feel right to me - although there are plenty of people who will tell you they love the phone cause it works for them.

Do you have the opportunity to test out a Rezound too - hand-on time is what will give you the best indication if it will work for you.

Good luck with your decision!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DRoid Forums!! Good luck on deciding what is best for you. And I will second what STG said, it is important to actually check them out in person as well and see what you think.