1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Question about theming

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by arm121, Sep 25, 2010.

1. arm121

arm121 New Member

Well, as i stated in my introduction, i am new to the Android platform (love it) and i want to begin developing. To start i want to begin creating custom themes for adw launcher, as i really love that launcher.

I've already set up eclipse, android sdk and java. everything is ready to go, i just need a good tutorial on starting a theme for adw launcher. Anderweb's site has sort of a tutorial, but it is really hard to follow for a complete eclipse newbie.

(and before people yell to use the search button, i did already. couldnt find anything)

Thanks!
  2. droijo

droijo New Member

There really isn't any tutorials, it's basically editing the theme icon or iconpack xml files including the manifest and just replacing pictures.

The biggest thing I had to deal with was 9.png files and those are a paint to edit and recreate them as 9.png files.
  3. jpeters6

jpeters6 New Member

hey i have been using eclipse for my java class and i switched over to a program called NetBeans IDE. i like it a lot better than eclipse. personal opinion but you should check it out
  4. arm121

arm121 New Member

i'll give it a shot. thanks!

and would anyone be interested in writting a tutorial for noobs like me? even something really simple. i.e. how to load a theme package to edit, where to navigate to to edit, how to edit icons and such. just a thought, i know myself and many others would find it helpful