Question about theming

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by arm121, Sep 25, 2010.

1. arm121

arm121 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, as i stated in my introduction, i am new to the Android platform (love it) and i want to begin developing. To start i want to begin creating custom themes for adw launcher, as i really love that launcher.

I've already set up eclipse, android sdk and java. everything is ready to go, i just need a good tutorial on starting a theme for adw launcher. Anderweb's site has sort of a tutorial, but it is really hard to follow for a complete eclipse newbie.

(and before people yell to use the search button, i did already. couldnt find anything)

Thanks!

2. droijo

droijo Member

Ratings:
    +3
    There really isn't any tutorials, it's basically editing the theme icon or iconpack xml files including the manifest and just replacing pictures.

The biggest thing I had to deal with was 9.png files and those are a paint to edit and recreate them as 9.png files.

3. jpeters6

jpeters6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hey i have been using eclipse for my java class and i switched over to a program called NetBeans IDE. i like it a lot better than eclipse. personal opinion but you should check it out

4. arm121

arm121 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i'll give it a shot. thanks!

and would anyone be interested in writting a tutorial for noobs like me? even something really simple. i.e. how to load a theme package to edit, where to navigate to to edit, how to edit icons and such. just a thought, i know myself and many others would find it helpful