Question about the GB Update

cece5702

Reaction score
This Gingerbread update, whats so special about it? Will it cause the phone to operate at faster speed? I guess I want to know what type of improvements come with Gingerbread? Is the OTA set for this weekend?

I know this thread is probably somewhere else, but I couldnt find it, sorry for duplicating this if I am.

leonozug

Reaction score
It's gonna make your phone look different, no more white status bar(thankfully)and in the quadrant, the speed has improved. If you like to have your phone rooted, stay away from it though. Right now, there is no way to root the official build, but I'm sure it will be rooted eventually. Also, if you want to take the update when it's pushed, you have to be on the stock .340 build, unrooted, with all the bloatware intact on your phone.

Reaction score
It has an updated moto blur and runs faster. Each time that google puts out a firmware update they are improving android.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Liberated56

Reaction score
Im running liberty GB v0.5 and the speed in quadrant was 1267 at regular. Now since im running.0.5 it increased to 1656 and while running a 1.1 overclock it increased to 1736

redman722

Reaction score
Frankly, im excited about it! The DX is so far beyond my hero I just dumped. If it makes the DX faster, im in. I can wait on root.

Rocko

Reaction score
There will be bugs, and they won't be fixed until ice cream sandwhich comes out. Froyo has bugs that just never got resolved. I would wait a week after it's out and see how it's doing.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Gingerbread, ice cream sandwich, wow!!!
There will be bugs, and they won't be fixed until ice cream sandwhich comes out. Froyo has bugs that just never got resolved. I would wait a week after it's out and see how it's doing.

Liberated56

Reaction score
When they gonna release cheese cake?

leonozug

Reaction score
Im running liberty GB v0.5 and the speed in quadrant was 1267 at regular. Now since im running.0.5 it increased to 1656 and while running a 1.1 overclock it increased to 1736

Liberated, no lie, I'm running Zombiestomped 1.65 for the DX clocked at 1.2Ghz and scored over 2200 in the quadrant. Ridiculous!!

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
I look forward to Gingerbread, icecream sandwich, cheese cake and anything else that will enhance my Droid X dancedroiddancedroid

Rocko

Reaction score
This Gingerbread update, whats so special about it? Will it cause the phone to operate at faster speed? I guess I want to know what type of improvements come with Gingerbread? Is the OTA set for this weekend?

I know this thread is probably somewhere else, but I couldnt find it, sorry for duplicating this if I am.

How would we know? No one has it yet.

redman722

Reaction score
Ih, yea. There are alot of people who have the leaked version who say that its pretty much the same. Correct me if im wrong please.

drum747

Reaction score
Same here, 2200 on ZS and looking good doing it with dark passenger. I have no real interest in the official release full of bloatware but I am interested in what the developers can do with it.

Rocko

Reaction score
Ih, yea. There are alot of people who have the leaked version who say that its pretty much the same. Correct me if im wrong please.

How would they know if it's the same? Does anyone have the OTA to compare the leaks to? No.