Question about the best ROM to use (read for more details)

Discussion in 'Droid Charge Development' started by rofflecakez, Oct 13, 2011.

1. rofflecakez

rofflecakez New Member

Whats up guys. I have had the Motorola Droid 1 ever since it came out, have gone through 8 phones (mainly from breaking them myself) and have rooted every single one of them. I just got the Samsung Droid Charge today and am of course trying to root it. As you can see, I am not a newbie to the rooting process or anything like that, but I have never been able to figure out something.

All I mainly want to root for is for wired/wifi tether and overclocking. Every single Custom rom that I have installed in the past has gotten very laggy after a certain time, but this is usually temporarily fixed with a quick phone restart. So what would be the best, almost fully stock rom that will hopefully not slow down over time?

PS: Is the lag/slowing down attributed to all of the custom stuff (ie homescreens, visual changes) that is installed?

Thanks for the help.
  2. chitala383

chitala383 New Member

I'm running ginger bread 2.3.5 with imoseyn's 3.1.0 voodoo kernel and it's crazy quick. From what I've read gummy charged is pretty badass but I've never tried it. Oc'ing the charge isn't possible right now until source is released

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  3. rofflecakez

rofflecakez New Member

Ok thanks for the info and I'll look into those.
  4. TJF2011

TJF2011 New Member

Im running gummycharged 2.0. Ive tried various roms and this seems to be the most stable.. i also downloaded the murdercharge theme. My phone runs so much faster and smooth. Ive had gummycharged for about 2 weeks now and have not had my phone freeze up yet like on other roms... so i would recommend gummycharge 2.0

***GUMMYCHARGED***
  5. TJF2011

TJF2011 New Member

View attachment 41408

Thats a screenshot of my app drawer... fyi...... gummycharge spends alot of time on their roms
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  6. ckeathley

ckeathley New Member

gingerbread 2.3.5

Is the leaked stock version or is it a true vanilla gingerbread build if a pure gingerbread then could you post where to find? Thanks
  7. rofflecakez

rofflecakez New Member

Looks like a solid rom I'm searching more info on it right now.
  8. mrksbrd

mrksbrd New Member

I have always had the best luck (stability) + with a stock, debloated, rooted rom, with a kernel tweak here and there. (guess its not really stock anymore, but im going with it...lol)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  9. rofflecakez

rofflecakez New Member

Can you tell me specifically which rom you use? This has happened to me again, my phone is like a dial up connection.