Question about the 2 year contracts...

clborden

Reaction score
When I ordered my DX, the salesman never informed me about the option of a 1 year contract and paying $100 more for the phone. So I went to a local VZW store and asked if I could give them the $100 and change it to a 1 year. He said I couldn't and that I'd have to return the phone, cancel the contract, then re-order it all over again. So I asked if I could return it to him and just re-purchase it right back. Of course I could not. Do you guys think I'm going to have to jump thru all of these hoops, or is there somebody who can help me?

Also, I also informed him that I was going to keep my iPhone 3GS hooked up with my real number until I decided I liked the Droid X enough to make the switch. Being that I'm coming over from AT&T, and that I'm "still on the fence", would this be a little extra leverage? Or am I just beat?

rydizzle

Reaction score
I'm honestly not too sure, but I do know don't ask the sales associates in stores. Contact customer support and ask them. I'm not sure what hoops you'd have to jump through but customer support knows a bit more and is more helpful than store associates.

Xpain

Reaction score
$100?? Supposedly the Droid X was $279.99 (after rebate) with a 1 year contract, but when I placed the order it ended up being $239.99 (around $248 after taxes), but there was a 10% discount (around $23) on July 15th, so the final price ended up being around $225 with a 1 year contract... which is awesome because by March 2011 I should be eligible for an upgrade (LTE wait for me!!! lol).
I always do this, I hate 2 year contracts. I want a new phone every year. I got my Droid 1 back in December and thanks to Verizon, I was able to upgrade in July for the Droid X. Sold the Droid 1 for $250 in Craigslist, and I ended up making 25 bucks to upgrade to Droid X after using a Droid 1 for 7 months... I love it :icon_ banana: Will do the same next year with the Droid Z (lol)

Last edited:

aDroidman

Reaction score
Verizon might do some things for you but it would be very little because they know that what they offer is better then AT&T. It is worth the 100$ and waiting for another week or two. When you use the Droid X coming from the Iphone it is different and will take a couple of days to get used to.

Ed Blown Vert

Reaction score
Website
ls1.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung S22U
I always do a 2 year contract and do the early upgrade every year.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

getboth

Reaction score
try talking to customer service on the phone, I've had better luck with them than the people at the stores. Seems that the CS on the phone get better training at customer service.

mengh33

Reaction score
clborden - I am also a 3gs user, been on iPhone since 2g, but am looking to venture out... Just get crappy service with ATT

Just out of curiousity, how easy is the transition of phones? I played with the DX store model for awhile, just wasn't as smooth with browser/scrolling, I think it's because I'm so used to the iPhone. Anything you haven't liked about the DX that would make you stick with the iPhone? Any feedback is appreaciated.