Question About Team DeFuse Rom Manager

gregory1824

Reaction score
I am coming from a D1 to a D2G...Rooting is different I can tell...It seems the Fission Rom Manager is the way to go...I installed the "Lite" Version last night and my question is what is the difference between the "Lite" Version and the "Donate" version if I am using a D2G?...Is the "Donate" Version up to 2.5.7 or is that just for the D2 and DX?Using the "Lite" Version i could only see 2.4.3.If it has more settings I am willing to donate to get it but if it is the same I just don't see the point...I would have asked this on the Team DeFuse Site but didn't see anywhere I could make a post...Thanks for any help I can get in advance.

mreyn3693

Reaction score
I am coming from a D1 to a D2G...Rooting is different I can tell...It seems the Fission Rom Manager is the way to go...I installed the "Lite" Version last night and my question is what is the difference between the "Lite" Version and the "Donate" version if I am using a D2G?...Is the "Donate" Version up to 2.5.7 or is that just for the D2 and DX?Using the "Lite" Version i could only see 2.4.3.If it has more settings I am willing to donate to get it but if it is the same I just don't see the point...I would have asked this on the Team DeFuse Site but didn't see anywhere I could make a post...Thanks for any help I can get in advance.

I rooted my d2g using z4root and this tutorial http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...root-custom-recovery-sim-unlock-tutorial.html

Fission Rom Manager is what you will use to flash the Fission ROM to your device after it is rooted. There isn't a difference between the lite and the donation version as far as I can tell. I had the lite version for weeks and then donated for the full version and didn't notice anything that was different. Also, version 2.4.3 is the only ROM for our d2g's.

The alternative is Team Get R Done's releases of a d2g romer tool which will allow you to flash certian D2 ROMS to your D2g. They have a section under D2 ROMS in this forum. They also just released a full d2g stock, deodexed ROM which you can find in their section as well.

OP
G

gregory1824

Reaction score
ah thanks allot...i did just about everything i could do with my old D1 and after 4 replacements Asurion offered me a new D2G so i said what the heck. I will check out the Team Get R Done's stuff and see what I can do...after I first rooted the other day i tried to use Liberty 1.5 and I couldn't get out of airplane mode. Then I just flashed the sbf and removed some apps with TB. I am coming from UD Roms so I was looking for a Rom for the D2G with some Advanced Settings

mreyn3693

Reaction score
You're welcome.

If you want settings then your best bet at the moment(at your own risk) is to read up on get r done's thread and use the d2g romer tool along with liberty 1.5. I ran liberty for weeks on my d2g and loved it. The only issue is that with the sensors running, your phone will reboot when it goes to sleep. You can run liberty without the sensors and you won't have that problem...but you won't have sensors either. Good luck

OP
G

gregory1824

Reaction score
just out of curiosity if you still use your d2g what rom "if any" are you using now

mreyn3693

Reaction score
just out of curiosity if you still use your d2g what rom "if any" are you using now

Yes, I still have my d2g and I am currently running fission 2.4.3. It's a great ROM and I don't have any issues with it, personally.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I stick with fission.....team get r done are working on their own ROM and I cant wait to see it!

If buryboi can find and fix the sensor issue (which looks nigh impossible) then I may try other D2 roms, but I use my sensors all the time...autobrightness, in call screen shut off, screen position adjustment...and the backlight for the keyboard wont turn on without sensors.

OP
G

gregory1824

Reaction score
the sensor issue might be the issue killing me from using liberty or others then...i may just donate then use the stock rom with root,deodex,busybox...i kind of like the lockscreen etc with the stock rom until they update to 2.5.7

Reaction score
Fission is worth the change from stock, IMHO. I had issues the first time I flashed it, but I found out they were issues I caused, not Fission's fault. I gave it a chance again on my replacement D2G (washed my last one) and I like it a lot. I just finished setting mine up how I like it yesterday, I'm loving it. Give the free version a shot (you can always use widgetlocker to change your lockscreen appearance).

Also, I'm getting ready to try flashing one of the D2 ROMs with the D2G ROMer tool, but I think the lack of sensors might be a deal breaker for me for now. I'm supposed to be helping fix that issue, but I've been so damn busy...

OP
G

gregory1824

Reaction score
"(you can always use widgetlocker to change your lockscreen appearance)"

does widgetlocker include the d2g lockscreen by chance?

Reaction score
"(you can always use widgetlocker to change your lockscreen appearance)"

does widgetlocker include the d2g lockscreen by chance?

No idea, I've never used it, I just know it gets great reviews everywhere I see people talk about it. What specifically do you like about the D2G lockscreen? I actually prefer my Vanilla lockscreen with Fission..

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Widgetlocker is great!!!! you can customize the look of the sliders, or use a rotary lock, and even customize apps to launch from sliders when the screen is locked!

Its great because combined with juice defender I can keep 3G off and still reply to texts or calls. Widgetlocker was a decent investment :)

You can do more with it as well, it has a lot of features.

OP
G

gregory1824

Reaction score
actually i just loaded up fission with black out preview 7.1/droid eye LW and droid overclock widget and i love it...i just liked the look of the stock lock slider but i may try the widgetlocker app

OP
G

gregory1824

Reaction score
widgetlocker is pretty sweet...just installed and finished playing with it for a bit...it did have the moto locker i was looking for also...thanks for the recommendation...i would suggest it to anyone