Question about selling my Nexus 6

killer428

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Nexus 6
Twitter
04Mystichrome
I was thinking on selling my Nexus 6 after buying it 6 months ago from Verizon on the Edge program. My question is Can I sell my phone now or do I have to wait until my 2 year contract ends? Not sure if I'll have problems with Verizon when I go to buy a new phone direct from Motorola, then try to activate it . Thanks any help will be appreciated.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Did you pay off the Edge plan? If the phone's paid off, you should have no trouble selling it, I would think.

In the past, I sold phones pretty quickly after I stopped using them.

Reactions: cr6

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I just recently went through all these questions with Verizon. This is what I was told... while I'm still paying month to month for a phone on their edge/device payment program I can't buy another phone through Verizon or a Verizon retailer unless a pay the remaining balance on the edge plan. I can however buy any phone I want from a non-Verizon retailer and activate it on the line with the edge plan, although I would still be responsible for paying on the edge phone (either month to month or paying off the balance).

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
killer428

killer428

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Nexus 6
Twitter
04Mystichrome
I just recently went through all these questions with Verizon. This is what I was told... while I'm still paying month to month for a phone on their edge/device payment program I can't buy another phone through Verizon or a Verizon retailer unless a pay the remaining balance on the edge plan. I can however buy any phone I want from a non-Verizon retailer and activate it on the line with the edge plan, although I would still be responsible for paying on the edge phone (either month to month or paying off the balance).

Thank You , you have answered my questions . Now to decide if I want sell . I am waiting for the Moto X Pure Edition . I like the smaller phone size and the SD Card availablilty .

OP
killer428

killer428

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Nexus 6
Twitter
04Mystichrome

Also Tis , was there a problem with the buyer of your phone when they went to activate it with Verizon? Being your still paying for it, you still own it.. Or don't you know ? Thanks

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Excellent question. No, there is no problem because you are still fully responsible for paying for it. You can sell the phone and it will have a clean esn so that the person who buys it can activate it. It is exactly what I may do... buy a note edge from swappa, and sell my N5 which I'm currently paying month to month for. Then sell my N5 and use that to pay on my month to month. That idea was what prompted me to ask Verizon all my questions and I was very clear with them what I wanted to do.

OP
killer428

killer428

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Nexus 6
Twitter
04Mystichrome
Oh good, great to know . Don't want to stick the buyer with a phone he can't use. Thanks again, you are a big help.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

bigmatt503

Reaction score
I know this thread is old! But, I sold my LG g4 while still paying the edge agreement without issue. If you check the ESN it will show up as clean for activation on Verizon, just don't stop making those payments or pay off the damn phone.

OP
killer428

killer428

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Nexus 6
Twitter
04Mystichrome
That's good to know. Thanks big Matt.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm glad this thread popped back up. I'm waiting for my Nexus 6P to be shipped and still paying on the Edge plan for my Note 4. If my wife decides that the Note's too big for her after I get the 6P setup (she probably will), I intend to sell my Note 4 to at least cover the remaining balance on the Edge plan so I don't have to keep making payments on it. I was wondering how selling a phone on the plan worked.

Thanks Matt!

bigmatt503

Reaction score
It's been 2 months since i sold mine and have had ZERO issues from verizon.

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but i do have a question about the N6. My friend up north has an N6 that he wants to sell to me, and i know that it will work on the Verizon network. I like using wifi calling on my Moto Z Force Droid, and need to know if that feature is available on the N6? Thanks for any reply.:p

bigmatt503

Reaction score
No it's not.. Unless the verizon n6 had it from the beginning.. Oh yeah and it's been way over a year and the lg g4 I sold has been payed off and never a peep from verizon or the person I sold it to.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk