Question about Screen Blanking after Flashing to FRG83D Rom

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by stonecoldxlh, Dec 10, 2010.

1. stonecoldxlh

stonecoldxlh New Member

Hi,
    Like most of the others here, I'm a newby when it comes to flashing my Motorola Droid with new roms.

I recently (yesterday) updated my Rom to the Stock, Rooted FRG83D offered by metiCKOne.

It went well, very well, and I'm happy with it, but for one thing...

It used to be that when I was connected to my charger, or my PC via the USB cable, I could leave the screen on without it automatically turning it off and going to my login screen for long periods of time.

However, since upgrading to the FRG83D ROM, I cannot find the setting that allows me to set it so that it won't turn off the display any more when I'm connected to the external power or my pc via the USB cable. Now, it turns off the display no matter if I'm connected to external power or not.

Is this a documented change in behavior, or does someone know of an application that will allow me to keep the screen turned on as long as I'm connected to my charger or my PC

Thanks so much in Advance for any assistance with this that you can provide.

-Stone
    Motorola Droid FRG83D, Stock, Rooted
    Thanks a bunch to metiCKOne.
  2. davros

davros Premium Member Premium Member Developer

What did you come from 2.1? I just looked and I do belive that has been taken out of 2.2. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's a 2.1 deal. I'll look at my wifes replacement stock 2.2 (unrooted again :( )
  3. stonecoldxlh

stonecoldxlh New Member

Upgraded from FR22D to FRG83D

Hi,
    Thanks for the quick reply.

I upgraded my ROM from a Stock, Rooted, FR22D, to the Stock, Rooted, FRG83D.

Everything else appears to work very well, I just noticed that my screen turned off when connected immediately after the install.

I just wanted to make sure that I didn't mess something up, or missed something, and to find out if this feature is built into an app that I need to install.

-Stone.
    Motorola Droid FRG83D, Stock, Rooted
    Thanks a bunch to metiCKOne.
  4. Taco

Taco New Member

I'm on MIUI now so don't quote me on this but isn't this setting under the develpment area?

I'm flashing meticks FRG83 rom in a little while, I'll let you know if I find it.
  5. davros

davros Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ya that's where it is

Applications>
    Development>
    Stay awake when charging
  6. stonecoldxlh

stonecoldxlh New Member

davros and Taco, thanks. I did find it under the "development" section. Thanks I really appreciate it. My Droid is now humming along as it should be, and with LauncherPro and a few other oddz and endz, I'm extremely happy with my Rooted FRG83D ROM.

Thanks All.
    Stone
Search tags for this page

lg revolution screen keeps flashing off and on