Question about Safestrap and returning to stock

Luvmyrazr

Reaction score
Hello All.

I'm somewhat new to rooting phones, but I'm pretty computer savvy I do have a question.

I recently rooted my old droid RAZR using the RAZR Blade method from the cyanogen site and also had Cyanogen 10 (I think) running smoothly everything went well and without a hitch. That is until the charger port on my phone went bad, and I had to send it back to Motorola and get a warranty replacement phone. After I went back to my stock rom and uninstalled Safestrap the phone bricked or soft bricked it would show the red "M" logo then it would either just go to a black screen or it would show the dead android icon (On it's back with a red "!" symbol) I tried to do a factory reset it said it wiped the catch and formatted, but it would still not boot. After googling my problems I came across Droid RAZR utilities 1.8 ICS and followed the instructions everything went well but I kept getting a failed message when it was trying to write the boot section. So basically I was unable to restore my old RAZR, and it's now on the way to Motorola (I hope they don't charge me for the phone).

Can anyone point out where I went wrong because I have a new RAZR and really want to go back to Cyanogen but I'm afraid of repeating the same problem with my new phone should I have to sent it in for repair or replacement.

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
Most Motorola phones support RSD Lite, which is a factory reload tool. Basically it allows you to go into boot loader mode and flash a factory image. The factory images usually include the stock recovery and all of the system files. This may be an option for the Razr (since its Motorola).

OP
L

Luvmyrazr

Reaction score
Most Motorola phones support RSD Lite, which is a factory reload tool. Basically it allows you to go into boot loader mode and flash a factory image. The factory images usually include the stock recovery and all of the system files. This may be an option for the Razr (since its Motorola).

Thanks for the quick reply.. :)

At the risk of sounding n00bish is that tool downloadable? Because that sounds like the tool I've been looking for to get rid of my reservations of rooting my new Razr.

OP
L

Luvmyrazr

Reaction score
Another quick question...

What is the best way to root the RAZR? On my last one I used a program called RAZR Blade it did it through USB.

I'm wondering if RAZR Blade is the best option for this phone.

newbroot83

Reaction score
Yes you can dl rsd lite

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
Google "rsd lite" and use the XDA link.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

chiefvelo

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply.. :)

At the risk of sounding n00bish is that tool downloadable? Because that sounds like the tool I've been looking for to get rid of my reservations of rooting my new Razr.

I had a simular problem with a Droid3 but RSD would fail when i flashed. out of frustration i started flashing update zips over the stock ROM and kept trying RSD. it finally worked. Haven't search to see when it may have but keep that in mind if you have issues again. Good luck