question about rooting via unrevoked...

Orionalias

Reaction score
will the unrevoked process push me to install the cynogenmod or does it JUST gain me root access and let me take it from there? i ask because right now i just want root access for getting some otherwise unobtainable apps, i've yet to make up my mind if i'll start switching around roms.

OP
O

Orionalias

Reaction score
adding on...

i just read on another forum that cynogenmod does indeed come with the unrevoked process. is this true? the same post mentioned after rooting, the sense ui is still present. is that true? if unrevoked installs the cynogen rom onto my incredible, why would sense still be there?

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No, CM does not come with root. You only get root,s-off, and su, and the superuser.apk. No roms are install in the rooting process.

texasplayamade

Reaction score
This right here is confusing what yall talking about I wanna root mine but all these little words like CPU froyo and others etc. It like confusing me in my head like I don't knoe what to do or what ...I would really hate to root my phone if I don't knoe what I'm doing be nice if there was more basic instructions less talking ....

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App