Question about rooting 2.2.1

KevTN

Reaction score
Ok I was rooted under 2.2 I did the upgrade to 2.2.1 and lost my root. My SU icon is still there. If I re root using doroot or something simular is that a bit deal? I am basically stock other than the root as all I use it for is very infrequent tethering.

Thanks

edit: tried to reuse doroot. No luck...thanks

Last edited:

Shawn2774

Reaction score
Ok I was rooted under 2.2 I did the upgrade to 2.2.1 and lost my root. My SU icon is still there. If I re root using doroot or something simular is that a bit deal? I am basically stock other than the root as all I use it for is very infrequent tethering.

Thanks

I was able to root 2.2.1 with z4root. It is free in the market.

dasanman69

Reaction score

Thanks

I used superoneclick (find it on XDA) to reroot my OG Droid. I was rooted with Z4root but lost it with the update. Its not an app, its software for a PC. Follow the instructions. Since you were previously rooted you need to click unroot and then root. Not as convenient as a app but it's the next best thing

OP
K

KevTN

Reaction score
I downloaded z4root1.3.0.apk. and it worked great....thanks guys

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App