1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Question about ROMs that I could really use an answer on.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by alitke, Apr 20, 2010.

1. alitke

alitke New Member

This is probably going to be a stupid stupid question but I am in need of a couple of answers.

I am currently running Adamz ROM Smoked Glass on my droid. If I want to switch CyanogenMod, BlackDroid, or bugless do I need to do anything besides flash?

Pretty much I need something with Apps2SD. Just not sure what needs to be done to switch so that I do not wreck my phone.
  2. INSANENEIVIESIS

INSANENEIVIESIS Beta Team Developer

to switch roms you need to decide. cyanogen and ultimate droid both support apps to SD. but bulgless beast does not. then your need the file for the ROM. as for apps to SD you will need a class 6 SD card but I'm not really sure what that means. you may want to look into ROM manager for cyanogen mod, it makes it so much easier.
  3. alitke

alitke New Member

Class 6 is the SD card rating. I do not understand why you would need Class 6 as I ran Apps2SD on my G1 with a class 2.

Do I need to do anything besides flash the update.zip for Blackdroid or CM? As in besides wiping do I need to prepare the phone at all or can you just flash one over another?
  4. alitke

alitke New Member

I am asking in terms of ROM manager as it says you can install ROM's on the fly which interested me. I just want to make sure I will not ruin my phone b/c I am switching ROMs.
  5. INSANENEIVIESIS

INSANENEIVIESIS Beta Team Developer

no it will not ruin your phone, if you had the g1 and ran roms its almost the same thing as cyanogen mod updater. it just maks everything easier with OTAs for roms, and switching themes, roms etc.
  6. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

apps2sd works flawlessly with a class 2.....
  7. alitke

alitke New Member

Ok so if I want to run CM and I am currently on Adamz I can simply go to ROM manager and have it install CM and that is it? Also is nandroid compatible with all of this? That is what i use for backups. So weird having this all so easy and painless now. Was a huge thing to do back with the G1.
  8. alitke

alitke New Member

?? So anyone have an answer. Might be a stupid question but whatever.
  9. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

You can use ROM manager to flash cyanogen. Nandroid for sprecovery is not compatible with nandroid for clockwork recovery. they are stored in different places so not too hard to get confused. But still something to remember. ROM manager allows you to flash sprecovery so if you need to use an old backup it's not a problem.
  10. alitke

alitke New Member

So my nandroid for adamz smoked glass will not work straight out? Can I simply flash CM over adamz will no issues?