Question about restoring an old backup.

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
I would like to restore my D2 to an old backup I have. That backup is running a completely different ROM from my current one. Can I just go in and restore it or are there any other steps I should do before hand? Wouldn't like for there to be any issues and would like for the process to go as smooth as possible.

Thanks in advance guys/gals for any input.

OP
elcompaLalo

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Bumpage. Is it safe to restore to an old backup that was running a different ROM?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Yes u can restore your phone using a backup that has a custom rom, you can also use a back up from another D2 incase u lose your back up. So if u have a D2 and get a replacement u can use ur backup from ur old phone on ur replacement to avoid installing the rom and all that good stuff.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
elcompaLalo

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Thank you. Time for me to get to the bottom of this issue. Hope its not ROM related.....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Time for me to get to the bottom of this issue. Hope its not ROM related.....

If you have issues you may very well have to sbf back to stock. I know that there is a problem with either Clockwork or the bootstraps, because I had to sbf 3 times and I didn't even have a custom ROM installed.

TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

That's in case you need it. It's really easy to do so don't be worried if it comes down to it. Good luck.