1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Question about replacing icons on default app w/ root and removing clock

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by BhamItGeek, Feb 20, 2010.

1. BhamItGeek

BhamItGeek New Member

I dont want to turn aroudn and buy better cut.I have rooted and am running bb7.6 I want to start playing with the app icons and not how to go find the app apk...and move it to the sdcard and then to the computer and change to zip to explore the file. What I am not sure is putting the app back on the phone. I have read...or think I rememeber reading that you can't just go and put the apk back in its spot overwriting it. for example the phone icon... what would I need to do to put the apk back and getting it to work? I also would like to know how to remove the clock all together in the status bar, I have beautiful widgets and have no need for the small clock.
  2. Dibrom

Dibrom New Member

Through adb

=================
    adb shell

su

mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system

busybox cp /sdcard/[NAME OF APK FILE] /system/app/ (for apps, change the dir for framework to the framework dir)

mount -o remount,ro /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system

sync

reboot
    ==================

No idea about the clock, I've been wondering that too, but it would leave all the icons in the middle of the bar.