question about phone upgrades

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I never post here....just lurk because of the droid hacking scene.

But I have confirmed with a regional manager(my aunt) that the upgrade will be available to anyone who has a annual or ne2 upgrade this year. So if u got ur droid last year u will be able to upgrade.

I just got off the phone with VZW and they also confirmed that if your contract is up or you are eligible for an annual early upgrade in 2010 you can get the DX for the upgrade price. Woo Hoo!!! It will be mine!!!!

Reaction score
I asks this in this in the thread in the news forum before I saw this thread. I am one year into my two year contract on December 29th. At that time I would be able to get an early upgrade. Does this mean I am able to take advantage of this or are they meaning anyone who's contract will be up in 2010??

If you are the primary on an account with a plan that isn't the 39.99 Single Line, then you should get an annual upgrade availability on Dec 29.

bje1982

Reaction score
This is strait from the email at work..

"Any customer with a service contract end date of 12/31/10 or earlier"

will be eligible for this special upgrade.

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
Can you ask your Aunt what the one year pricing on the Droid X will be.

I never post here....just lurk because of the droid hacking scene.

But I have confirmed with a regional manager(my aunt) that the upgrade will be available to anyone who has a annual or ne2 upgrade this year. So if u got ur droid last year u will be able to upgrade.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Well I just got some different news than I got last night on the phone. Well actually no news at all. Stopped by the local corporate store. They searched and searched but could not find anything in writing about the Droid X upgrade promo. The only thing that they could find recent is the 3G Smartphone early upgrade promotion.

The way I see it is we will find out for sure if it is annual, contract up or both when they officially announce it. Which will prolly be at preorder time if there is one or a few days before it goes on sale.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
They will anger a bunch of current droid owners if they do not allow us an upgrade. Lets revolt!!!

And do what? Buy an iphone on a lousy network?

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
The upgarade promotion is for ANY 3G Smartphone, not just the Droid X.

Well I just got some different news than I got last night on the phone. Well actually no news at all. Stopped by the local corporate store. They searched and searched but could not find anything in writing about the Droid X upgrade promo. The only thing that they could find recent is the 3G Smartphone early upgrade promotion.

The way I see it is we will find out for sure if it is annual, contract up or both when they officially announce it. Which will prolly be at preorder time if there is one or a few days before it goes on sale.

korp

Reaction score
I would just wait for the 2ghz phone to be released before the end of the year.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
@FSRBIKER: I'm beginning to think that what they were talking about at the press conference was the 3G smartphone upgrade promo all along. Don't think it is anything special for the X. Oh well. Back to figuring out how to swing it now.

phatkat66

Reaction score
Hey guys I jus got off the phone with Verizon's 1-800 # and they had NO idea what i was talking about with the special upgrade promo. My annual upgrade is in nov. 2010 and Im guessing anyone that bought a droid in 2009 has this upgrade in 2010 because I jumped onto Vzw so i was a brand new customer.

Anyway.... she had no idea wat i was talkin bout with this promo because I was asking if it would be ok to pre-order at bestbuy for the droid-X because pre-orders start today and I wanted to get it with the 200$ price tag. I asked her to double check over and over and she did and just came back a few extra times saying theres no such promotion.

Do you guys think I should still go to BB and try to get the pre-order down with the 200$ price or will it be a waste of time to do it while they are being ignorant of their own special promo?

seldon

Reaction score
Hey guys I jus got off the phone with Verizon's 1-800 # and they had NO idea what i was talking about with the special upgrade promo. My annual upgrade is in nov. 2010 and Im guessing anyone that bought a droid in 2009 has this upgrade in 2010 because I jumped onto Vzw so i was a brand new customer.

Anyway.... she had no idea wat i was talkin bout with this promo because I was asking if it would be ok to pre-order at bestbuy for the droid-X because pre-orders start today and I wanted to get it with the 200$ price tag. I asked her to double check over and over and she did and just came back a few extra times saying theres no such promotion.

Do you guys think I should still go to BB and try to get the pre-order down with the 200$ price or will it be a waste of time to do it while they are being ignorant of their own special promo?

Pretty sure that BB can't do the annual upgrades.

phatkat66

Reaction score
I also just checked best buy mobiles site if my number was eligable for an upgrade. They said no and they gave me the date for me NE2 upgrade date. why didnt it pick up the annual upgrade date? Does this mean when I go to the store they will tell me no cuz they not looking at the annual but only the NE2?

phatkat66

Reaction score

I guess you're right, I just checked the site, It didn't pick up the annual update. That sucks. Should I just try to get the phone through verizon? Any news on when they will start accepting pre-orders?

seldon

Reaction score

I guess you're right, I just checked the site, It didn't pick up the annual update. That sucks. Should I just try to get the phone through verizon? Any news on when they will start accepting pre-orders?

That Verizon is going to offer the accelerated upgrade for people with only an annual upgrade in 2010 is wishful thinking. All of their press materials clearly state that the accelerated upgrade is only for customers with a contract ending in 2010.