question about overclocking/BB

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by nkcavs23, Feb 21, 2010.

1. nkcavs23

nkcavs23 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    alright, so i rooted to you peer pressuring asses ;) ha. Im running BB 1.0 @ 800mhz. 2.0.1 not 2.1.

few things:

When i up the mhz for overclocking my battery life goes quicker correct? so what is suggested if i usually use my battery like 80% on any given day normally.

also what are my good options for home screen replacement.

2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I have BB 0.7.5 so my comments may or may not apply. I used SetCPU and oc to the max 1000MHz and have terrific battery life.

I recommend reading the "please read the setcpu" link (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/22745-please-read-before-you-ask-about-setcpu.html) and visit the developers site (SetCPU). Both give you good advice on OC and discuss how to use Profiles.

Mike

3. nkcavs23

nkcavs23 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i just installed the 2.1 launcher and i like that, im running at 800mhz max 550 min. well see how that goes

4. alm0614

alm0614 Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    need to use profiles..

i leave it on 250/250 sleep and it saves A LOT

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try other ROMs. That is what I did. I am OC'ed to 1100, but battery life is better than when I was using Bugless Beast.

-Mike

6. myz06vette

myz06vette Member

Ratings:
    +0
    See my sig for my exact setup.
    I'm a bit of a power junkie.. My setcpu is setup with the governor wide open (performance) with 1.25ghz max and 1.1ghz min. Of course, I've got my profile configured for sleep and charging, but I don't have any problems with battery life. And I'm always doing somethinggg on my phone. If you're wanting a little bit longer life out of it, there's a few things to try.
    1.) Make sure you've properly conditioned your battery. Let it run all the way down, then charge. Do it for a couple days. This one is a no-brainer.
    2.) Check out the powersaver governor option in setcpu. See if that configuration will work for you.. maybe try 800mhz max, 550mhz min (depending on what kernel you have, you may have slightly different slots with different speeds).
    3.) You can never have "too many" chargers. I've got one in my bedroom for when I'm asleep, a USB cable that never leaves my desktop computer, a USB cable that stays with my laptop, a charger in each car, and I carry a spare battery in my wallet since its so thin.
    4.) Regardless of the debate on this subject, I like my automatic task killer. When you turn the screen off, it'll kill a pre-selected list of apps that you determine. Maybe it doesn't save a ton of battery, I can't honestly say, but I can tell you it keeps things running zippy.

Hope this helps!