Question about non gmail email

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
Hi, with no help from tech support at my company, I did manage to get the default email app to work with my work email. Tell me this, in my company we are spread across montana, colorado, wyoming, and utah, with about a thousand or so contacts in my outlook. If I were to let it sync those contacts would they stay in a seperate group, say like 'Work'? I would love to have the contacts, because I do call and email alot of them on a regular basis, but I dont want them drowning out all my other contacts.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You really should find a solution for access to the Global Address List. Those people shouldn't be in your contacts if they're within your company. They should be in the GAL -- that's precisely what it's designed for.

OP
Q

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
I guess I wasn't that clear, I havent actually let it sync my stuff for the work email yet, cuz i didnt know if it would sync my entire GAL or not

CBLJazz

Reaction score
The real questions are:
1. what if it combines all of you work and personal contacts onto one group- would that be bad?
2. why are the pros & cons to having a separate phone for work?

My boss has 2 phones- a blackberry for work & an iphone for personal- more to carry but less to worry about.

OP
Q

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
The real questions are:
1. what if it combines all of you work and personal contacts onto one group- would that be bad?
2. why are the pros & cons to having a separate phone for work?

My boss has 2 phones- a blackberry for work & an iphone for personal- more to carry but less to worry about.

1. If it combined all my work contacts and personal contacts into one group it wouldnt be a huge problem, just something I dont want to do.

2. I dont want to have to carry two phones around all the time, that con right there is big enough to get me to not do it, and try to find a solution with just the one phone