Question About "My'Backup"

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by Scost23, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Scost23

Scost23 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had to wipe my X and before I did that I backed up with "MyBackup". All of the applications were restored fine but now they do not show up in the downloads section of the market which wouldn't be a problem other than the fact that I do not know when the application is in need of an update. I have loads of apps so I do not want to go through checking each individual one. Is there any way I can get the update notifications back for the apps that were restored?

Thanks

2. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I think you need the Pro version to link to the market. Either way, when they get restored, you'll need to recheck the "autoupdate" button.

3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I'm not clear did your apps install automatically or did you use MyBackup to restore the apps? When you wiped you OS what did you restore? Your apps are associated with your Google account and should restore when you "reactivate"

4. Scost23

Scost23 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Everything was wiped from my phone and went back to factory defaults. I restored the apps with MyBackup but they dont show in the downloads list within the market so I dont get notifications when they are in need of an update. I'll try upgrading to Pro to see if that works. Thanks. If you have any other ideas please let me know.