Question about Moto X voice commands

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
OK, we've all seen the Moto X's always-on voice command function advertised on TV and such...I'm wondering if this can control all aspects of the phone, and how well it does. Can Bluetooth/WiFi/GPS/etc be turned on with voice commands ("OK Google Now turn on WiFi")?

I can see this being rather handy in the car. I usually forget to manually turn on Bluetooth when I'm in the car so I'd like to just turn it on via voice, then make calls with voice commands.

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
As of right now, you cannot control hardware functions with the touchless control. This may be implemented in the future however

Sent from my XT1060

OP
IIGood

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Well, that's a bit of a bummer...

Another one I just thought of. If you've got the phone locked with a PIN, does the always-listening voice command functionality still work?

For example...I have my work email synced via Exchange, and the server forces my phone to have a PIN-lock. Would a forced PIN lockscreen disable the always-on listening?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes.

However if you have a Bluetooth device, you can add it to "trusted devices" which will autodisable the lock screen.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk