question about mobile hotspot feature

zschiffman

Reaction score
I plan on getting the X. I like the idea of the mobile wifi hotspot...not so much for $20/month however. I don't really need it day-to-day, but I am going cross country in August for a week. Would it be possible to add the feature before the trip, and remove it when I am back home 8 days later? Ie. Get like a pro-rated price (~$5 for the week)? Or would you have to kind of activate it month-by-month a-la the iPads way of rocking 3g?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Verizon doesn't budge on their prices.

N

nemanracing

It will be a feature you can add and remove, however I do not know yet if it is gonna be a pro-rateable feature or not...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dangerous

Reaction score
I would imagine it would be prorated, however if there is a cap on useage IE 2GB and you use 1 GB in the week, and you remove the feature they prorate not only the $$ but the useage as well.

OP
Z

zschiffman

Reaction score
interesting. thanks.

i got PDAnet up and running on my droid today. I'm not rooted or anything and its a free app in the market....is it still "against verizon terms of service"? do they even know...or is it more of a just be careful how much you use kinda thing?

dancedroid

dangerous

Reaction score
interesting. thanks.

i got PDAnet up and running on my droid today. I'm not rooted or anything and its a free app in the market....is it still "against verizon terms of service"? do they even know...or is it more of a just be careful how much you use kinda thing?

dancedroid

Cool, it's free? I paid for my Copy of WM version, then paid for my BB Version. and it's now Free for Droid? Again.. Cool..

(i don't use it much at all anyway.. it's a Just in case app)..

hendrix

Reaction score
The app for the phone is free, the serial number to link between PC and phone after 14 days is not.