Question about launcher pro

ftajeffrey

Reaction score
Has anyone read the permissions this application wants? For example (just naming a few):

YOUR MESSAGES - edit SMS or MMS, read Gmail, read SMS or MMS

PERSONAL INFO - read browsers history and bookmarks, read calendar events, read contact data, write browsers history and bookmarks

STORAGE - modify/delete SD card contents

SERVICES THAT COST YOU MONEY - directly call phone numbers

I love this app and haven't noticed any odd behavior, but can anyone explain the permissions?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Messages - if you use the messages widget (Launcher Pro Plus)

Personal Info - if you use the Bookmarks Widget (Launcher Pro Plus)

Storage - For backup/restore capabilities

Services that cost you money - Pretty much messaging, and data usage I guess

The dev is well known so if he tried something funny, itd be pretty easy to pinpoint whodunnit. You can install it, it's fine.

RoyR80

Reaction score
Has anyone read the permissions this application wants? For example (just naming a few):

YOUR MESSAGES - edit SMS or MMS, read Gmail, read SMS or MMS

PERSONAL INFO - read browsers history and bookmarks, read calendar events, read contact data, write browsers history and bookmarks

STORAGE - modify/delete SD card contents

SERVICES THAT COST YOU MONEY - directly call phone numbers

I love this app and haven't noticed any odd behavior, but can anyone explain the permissions?

Fear not ! ! :)
This app is one of the most prominate launchers available. The "costs $" part is because the app has functions that from with in it you can use paid features. It will not randomly send txts/calls with out ur direct consent. Have u used handcent, the txt app, it allows u to make calls? Ur warned of this and when u use the app to place a call its prompts u with a warning asking if thats what u wanna do....
Im a pay(ing) customer and highly endorse this product. (Launcher pro[plus])I can vouche for it great proformance on 3 droid-1's.... fear not. ;-)