1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Question about kernels, and voltages.

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by billay12, May 1, 2010.

1. billay12

billay12 New Member

Hi, I'm new here, as you can see from my post count..
    Just today, I rooted my Motorola Droid on OTA 2.1, using the SBF file root way. I then put the kernel from ChevyNo1's page, the 7-slot low voltage one. I'm currently running at 1000MHz, and I absolutely love it. The only question I have, is that; Can anyone fully describe how voltages affect battery life? I live in an area where cell reception isn't that great, and I usually only get from 6:30AM - 8:00PM and at 8:00PM it's on around 30%. Will running the low voltage kernel at 1000MHz kill my battery life to the point where I can't make it the day?

I appreciate the help greatly, I've been using this forum for awhile now, and finally came around to making an account.

Thanks for the help in advance.

-Billy
  2. junpar

junpar New Member

With SetCPU you can set the standby/sleep clock speed to like 125 or 250, this saves a lot of battery because in a stock droid it runs at 550mhz all the time. In most cases using SetCPU and overclocking will save more battery because a lot of the time your phone is in stand-by. If you worry about battery life try using a conservative governor.
  3. hookerdj

hookerdj New Member

my response to you making a thread about this is that is what the search option is for there are great write ups about this just search and every question you have willl be answered