1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Question about installing another rom...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Shooshi, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Shooshi

Shooshi New Member

Hey everyone! Sorry if the answer is lying around in the forums. I've tried reading through pages of each rom that I wanted to try, but didn't find a clear answer. My questions is:

I'm currently running Bugless Beast 0.7.4. How do I get the launcher with the phone key on the left and the browser key on the right? (the one shown in smoked glass rom)? Do I need to reflash with smoked glass or is there a theme I can put over the B.B 0.7.4?

If I wanted to switch from BB to Smoked Glass how would I go about doing so?

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!
  2. thatdarkknight

thatdarkknight New Member

You mean ur running Bugless Beast 0.7.4 and your phone doesn't look like this? All the icons are arrangeable and the bottom app list launcher is black and so is the status bar. but the location of the phone and browser icon you can change yourself.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  3. roberj13

roberj13 New Member

Is this the launcher you are talking about, if so, I believe it is the Launcher2.apk Oddly enough even though I found this picture I don't have a link to it..

From what I've read, they haven't quite got this working just right on 2.0.1 but it apparently works on 2.1 FWIW.

[​IMG]
  4. Shooshi

Shooshi New Member

Yeah!! I just wanted the phone and browser button by the launcher bar. There isn't anything out there that adds those button to the 2.0.1 launcher is there? Does smoked glass rom have the 2.1 launcher that is stable?
  5. korp

korp New Member

Smoked Glass is what that rom is .... basically you just put the folder in the nandroid folder and restore the boot and system and its installed ... very simple. The design is great .... but I always would get force closes ... literally like every 3 seconds or if I tried to do something.

Design = great
    Functionality = garbage