1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Question about Google Voice and SMS

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by abean, Jul 26, 2010.

1. abean

abean New Member

Hey all,

Do I really need to have unlimited SMS on my phone with GV? Currently I have everything routed through GV. I just checked my bill online and it looks like I'm still getting quite a bit of SMS charged to me? Does this happen when people SMS my real number vs. my GV #?

Thanks
  2. emlan

emlan New Member

Check you GV settings to make sure that SMS texts are not being forwarded to your Verizon number. Yes, if people are sending texts to your Verizon number, then those will count against you. If they are sending to your GV number (and you are not having those automatically forward to your Verizon number) then those texts should not show up on your Verizon account.
  3. abean

abean New Member

Thanks for the quick response.

Where do I check this? In GV settings for Text Forwarding, the only option I see there is to forward to my gmail. All my texts are only accessible through my google voice app on my phone ... they are not in my SMS inbox. This leads me to believe that everything is indeed coming through GV?

Actually ... yep, I'm a dummy. I got my Droid on the 15th and minus a handful after the 15th, they were all prior to that. I'll keep an eye on it ... but hopefully I can scale this back to save a few bucks.

Thanks
  4. abaez

abaez New Member

Go into the phones section, then edit the phone number and uncheck off the "Receive text messages on this phone."
  5. abean

abean New Member

Yep, it's unchecked.

So really the only time I'd get hit on an SMS charge is if someone texts my original # then right? While I rarely get them, MMS would also be a charge correct?

Thanks
  6. abaez

abaez New Member

Yes.

And Google Voice does not support MMS, so you are definitely getting those on your regular number and they are being charged as a regular text.
Search tags for this page

do google voice texts show up on phone bill

does google hangout show up on bill

does google hangouts show on phone bill

does google hangouts show on your phone bill

does google hangouts show up on phone bill

does google hangouts text show up on bill
does google voice texts show up on your phone bill
does hangout numbers show on phone bill

does hangouts show up on phone bill

does my verizon bill show who i txt on my google voice
google hangouts show on phone bill