Question about Google Maps

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by 70dustpan, Apr 26, 2010.

1. 70dustpan

70dustpan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How come every time I open Google maps, it says "Unable to load URL"?

What does this mean and how do I get rid of it?

I looked through 10 pages after searching but I can't find the answer.

Thanks.

2. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Best I could find with a quick Google search is clearing the cache. Hits also seemed to suggest that Latitude or an older version of Maps might have been the culprit. Which version are you using? The one that came with the Droid? If so, have you tried updating it via the Market?

3. Sweettooth

Sweettooth Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Actually when I read it I was kind of curious as to whether or not he was referring to Google Maps via a computer's web browser given he made the post in General Discussions. Maps, even the stock version that comes with the phone should be functional from the get go, but you could try the Market and see if that's it.

If you're referring to the web interface then I'm not sure. It can't be an issue with your version of Flash/Java because I even loaded up maps through the Droid's browser (not the Maps app) which doesn't support Flash and a number of Java apps yet.

4. ytwokc5

ytwokc5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ar you connected via 3G or WiFi? It sounds like maps.google.com is not reachable at the time you are connecting through whatever method you are trying to access it through (3G or WiFi).