Question about going from 3G to 4G phone (SIM card related)

retrocity

Reaction score
Hello,

Recently the touch screen on my Motorola Droid stopped responding. I am due for a new phone, but I may be waiting until the Razr HD(or Droid 5 if announced soon) is released within the next few months. In the mean time, I was offered to use a Droid X or Droid Bionic that a coworker is no longer using until I upgrade my phone. The Bionic has a SIM card associated with that person's information on it. If I go to the Verizon store, will they just provide me with a new SIM card to put in the phone? Will this affect anything with my contract, since I would be going to a 4G phone (Price wise or by extending the contract)? I don't want to have anything changed, since I want to use my upgrade within the next few months. I have credit remaining from the new every two program, and don't want to lose it.

Thanks for your help.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
They will provide you with a new SIM card. And I'm pretty sure that it wont change anything with your current plan other than you getting 4g now with the Bionic.

It won't be considered an upgrade because you're not officially upgrading by buying a new phone at a subsidized price. Just make sure that phone is clean and Verizon should be happy to activate it for you.

Galaxy Nexus using DF app

OP
R

retrocity

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I was able to go to the Verizon store, and they just put a new SIM card in for me. Doesn't affect my contract at all, so I can still upgrade whenever I want.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thanks for the quick reply. I was able to go to the Verizon store, and they just put a new SIM card in for me. Doesn't affect my contract at all, so I can still upgrade whenever I want.
Yup that's the way it should be. Enjoy!