Question about going back...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ehaus, Jun 17, 2010.

1. ehaus

ehaus New Member

I'm running Froyo FRF57 with the latest baseband and one of P3's overclocked kernels on a Moto Droid and I'm thinking about going back to rooted 2.1. I've been having some issues with battery life especially when using navigation where even though I have the phone plugged in with a car charger, my battery is still getting drained. On some shorter trips it's not a big deal but longer ones just eat my battery. I've tried underclocking the processor to 500Mhz while navigating but it still results in battery drain. Also, sometimes it will kick me back to the car home screen by itself.

Before flashing to Froyo I did a backup with Clockwork but as I said I have a new kernel and baseband so will those go back to what I had previously? I have flashed with RSDlite before so I'm not afraid of doing it again and starting over to get rooted 2.1. If I go that route, is everything reset to stock (baseband, kernel)?

Thanks
  2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

The backup you made will return your OS to that particular status which in your case was rooted 2.1. If you want to be overly sure then wipe before you do the restore.

Mike
  3. kenbarnum

kenbarnum New Member

I am completely happy (until I hear about the next best thing) with Onix Concepts 1.2 with the Drop Theme. I am not having those problems...

With that said, I do not know the answer to your question and I am very curious. Can someone answer it?

If he were to revert to a clockwork backup would the baseband go back?

Would the kernal go back?
  4. warrior21

warrior21 New Member

Once he does a full wipe and then flashes his nandroid backup everything should go back to the way it was including the kernel he was using at the time.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  5. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

The entire OS changes when any backup is restored.
  6. ehaus

ehaus New Member

Great, thanks for all your help. You guys are awesome.

One last question if I may; I was thinking about checking out some of the custom ROMs here and in ROM manager and I was wondering which ROMs look the closest to stock? I know I'm in the minority when it comes to this but I just really like the stock look and feel of Android. I'm mainly interested in some of the speed and battery life tweaks that custom ROMs bring to the table.
  7. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Your Baseband will not go back. It's not part of what can be backup/restored with SPRecovery or ClockworkMod. It is an install (update.zip).

With that said...you should be able to "update.zip" any of the older basebands though I've never tried or wanted too.
  8. ehaus

ehaus New Member

Tcrews,

My concern with the baseband is that I'll have issues with 2.1. I remember some people saying (they could have been talking out of their a**es) that the newest basebands that were released were for 2.2 specifically. I think I know where to find one of the older ones just in case though. I should have the update file laying around somewhere...