question about ghost armor and invisble sheild...

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by jbg25, Jan 25, 2010.

1. jbg25

jbg25 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just got my droid exchanged yesterday, and while carrying it around without the body glove shell I realized that the naked phone was kinda nice. Don't get me wrong....the BG shell served me well since I bought it with my phone on launch day...and there were many features I really liked. Just 2 big problems....

1) PIA to remove to access battery and SD card
    2) Too frickin BIG!

I have read all the great reviews and many of bad ones too (which seem mostly due to application issues). If I do this I will go to BestBuy and pay them to apply it....but first two questions....

1) Do you still have access to the battery cover if need be without having to remove the protector

2) I have read a lot about the edges peeling and getting all gunked up. Is this inevitable with this type of protector? Or is this again a result of application/human error?

Thanks!

2. jbg25

jbg25 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bump..... Anyone?

3. djh074

djh074 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok, so. i use invisible shield. love it! had it on my BlackBerry Storm and was the first thing i bought for my Droid. my Storm did have the edges peeling and pulling. some of the problems were from the BB dock. it fit WAY too tight and would pull on the shield when placing into and removing from the dock. was very excited to see that doesnt happen with the Droid! the major problem was with the installation. i rushed it on the Storm and it showed. just take your time with it and it is sweet. the shield also has a great feel to it. cant really explain it, youll just have to see for yourself. well, i hope this answers your question. if u have more, ask away.

Edit: installation tip: since the shield needs time to dry/"cure", do install before bed. can take up to an hour to install, several small pieces, so be patient. if u have a dock, do not use it the first night. it says not to use the phone for 24 hours and ideally that would be great but come on. just be gentle with the next day and u will be good to go.

4. Nickmast

Nickmast Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't use the full body zagg skins because they get a little gunked up after a long while. They do stay on very well though. I use the screen zaggskin only in combination with the seidio case which is phenominal. Can't even tell it's a case. I don't recommend using the solution they provide either. It doesn't evaporate very well and leaves bubbles and more drying time. I have installed about 5 of these skins on various devices and have always used Windex. Just pour out a small amount onto a plate, soak the skin, shake off the excess and move it into position on the screen. Wait for it to set up a touch and use the card to squeegee the excess liquid and bubbles out starting from the center out to the edges. VERY IMPORTANT- make sure your fingers are wet with the windex before peeling the skin off it's backing or it will stick to your fingers and leave prints and smudges!

5. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1.) Yes. It's basically a decal that sticks to the exterior of the door.

2.) Yes. I've had my IS's last a year or two before it became an issue where the IS started to peel. Never had problems getting a replacement from them though. Keep in mind that YMMV depending on how you handle your device. Frequently sliding it in and out of a holster/holder/whatever will accelerate the issue.

Search tags for this page
can ghost armor be removed

ghost armor bubbles

ghost armor peeling off

ghost armor removal

how long does ghost armor take to dry
how long does it take for ghost armor to dry
how long does it take ghost armor to dry
how to clean ghost armor

how to remove ghost armor

remove ghost armor