question about froyo 2.2

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by chrisusa96, Sep 30, 2010.

1. chrisusa96

chrisusa96 New Member

I am new to android and trying to figure something out. Why is it that 2.2 is not the same on all phones? I started out with a droid 2 that cam with 2.2 and got used to a few of the features and how things work. Well my wife like the droid so much we bought a droid 1 on ebay that came with 2.2 installed on it. It does not look the same and some things do not work the same. for example the stock launcher on the 1 has the square dots for apps the 2 has the home in a circle. The notification bar works a little different also.

I am just trying to figure things out. I have since given the droid 2 to my wife and I took the droid 1 and put BB .5 on it and changed a few other things but miss how a few of the things worked that I got used to on the droid 2. Like USB mass storage mode on the 2 activated when plugged into pc automaticly on my 1 with the 2.2 and with bb .05 I have to activate it.

Just little things. In my mind I would thing Froyo 2.2 would look the same and act almost the same on each phone given the phones hardware.
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

certain phones have custom UIs that are installed on them to start..
  3. kwattro

kwattro New Member

That Droid 1 most likely had a custome 2. 2 rom